Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount question..

Solved!

Student discount question..

I'm not a student at the moment, but I work on campus at the University of Montana as a university employee. Would I qualify for this discount, or not?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Mjcmsla!

Unfortunately, the student discount is only eligible for currently enrolled students at one of the many accredited colleges/universities. If you so desire, you can always check to see if the application will permit you to qualify for the discount.
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Mjcmsla!

Unfortunately, the student discount is only eligible for currently enrolled students at one of the many accredited colleges/universities. If you so desire, you can always check to see if the application will permit you to qualify for the discount.
Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Thanks for your answer.  Obviously it wasn't what I was hoping for as I'm used to getting "student" discounts simply by being part of the university; but it took care of my quesiton. 🙂 

I lost my card and spotify couldnt withdraw founds from my account. I have a new card now and just realise that Im eligible for a student discound. However, Im trying to place my new card details and add in the student discound and I get a message saying tha Im not elegible. Im a full time student and I dont know if the reason why Im getting this message is  because I didint realise this offer existed before hand. Any idea how can I solve this problem? Thank you

Are you in the US or the UK? Does it show you are a free subscriber here or something else?

hey, I am trying to get the university dicount and go to UMass Amherst, but it is not appearing as one of the options for universities. Does this mean the discount is not offered at my school?

Would you say your school is a "U.S. Title IV accredited institution located in the United States", which is the criteria for being eligable for the discount? 

If you think you are eligable, but your school is not on the list you can apply for manual verification here:

http://spotify.sheerid.com/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I cannot get the student discount for the life of me. i have tried about 15 times now. I am a CURRENT student at CU Boulder and it keeps telling me i am not "verifiable" this is so annoying. can someone help me, considering there is no number to call spotify customer service....

The verification process is done by Sheerid, not spotify. Have you tried the manual verification here?

Hey Peter the other UMass campuses are in the list, while UMass Amhest is the main campus, it is not on the list.

Thanks for the information, as far as I am aware that list is provided by SheerID who do the student verification in the background so Spotify don't really control it.

As you mentioned in your other post, manual verification should work though.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts