Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount renewal

Solved!

Student discount renewal

I got an email today that my student discount will run out soon and that I could renew it if I'm still a student. However the link in the mail only sends me to https://www.spotify.com/de/student/

I don't see anything where I can reconfirm that I'm still a student, it just says "get premium". How does the discount renewal work? Am I supposed to log in and go through the "get premium" stuff again or will that leave me with 2 subscriptions?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Check your profile to see when your premium subscription is ending.

Since you currently have an active subscription, you need to cancel your premium in your last month (before the 12 student months are up) and revert back to 'Spotify Free' before applying for the student discount again.

Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, after that, sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Check your profile to see when your premium subscription is ending.

Since you currently have an active subscription, you need to cancel your premium in your last month (before the 12 student months are up) and revert back to 'Spotify Free' before applying for the student discount again.

Once canceled, you'll still be on Premium for the remainder of the month you've paid for. Then, after that, sign up for Premium again under the Student Discount.

osorniosSpotify Star

Thanks for the answer.

Why does the system send the reminder that early then? As I said, my subscription ends in june so about 2 1/2 months from now.

I believe those automated emails are made so you won't get surprised by a price jump.

You may receive more of those as the date approaches.

osorniosSpotify Star

Suggested posts