Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount

Solved!

Student discount

I am currently in college so my usual charge is 4.99. This month Spotify charged me 9.99. I need to be refund my $5 as I have not graduated and should still be on the student discount.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

it is likely you've been subscribed for 12 months and so your Student discount timed out.

To get it back, unsubscribe, let your account revert to free, then resubscribe through the Student discount.

For the refund, if you submit an online contact form; someone at Spotify can do their best.
Once you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hello @Ashleyxx8,Welcome to the community! 🙂

Unfortunately Spotify Student discounts have to be renewed every 12 months 😞

It is possible that it just expired this month and you just need to renew it 🙂

To renew it just go here 🙂
http://spotify.com/student

I hope this helped 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, and welcome to the community!

it is likely you've been subscribed for 12 months and so your Student discount timed out.

To get it back, unsubscribe, let your account revert to free, then resubscribe through the Student discount.

For the refund, if you submit an online contact form; someone at Spotify can do their best.
Once you get an automated reply; make sure to reply to it directly (even if it's from a no reply); and it will be sent to the Spotify staff.

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||
Marked as solution

Hello @Ashleyxx8,Welcome to the community! 🙂

Unfortunately Spotify Student discounts have to be renewed every 12 months 😞

It is possible that it just expired this month and you just need to renew it 🙂

To renew it just go here 🙂
http://spotify.com/student

I hope this helped 🙂

Marked as solution

@Taylor

Beat me to it 😜

Is there anyway I can be refunded?

I would like to get premium spotify with a student discount, bc I'm currently  student, but when I tried verifying that I was a college student it said "unable to validate my student details". How can I get verified manually that I'm a college student?

@Nicdazzo do you mind creating a new thread? Thanks!

~Joe

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

Suggested posts