Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Student discount

Student discount

Hi,

I recently received a message saying that my payment info was unvalid so I went and changed it, but before that I saw the payment history button so I clicked on it and then I got very upset.

Last year, I was bragging to a lot of people that you could get spotify premium for half price if you were a student and sure enough a lot of my friends got the premium account. When I checked my payment history I saw that I have been paying $10.00 each month instead of $4.99. I', sure I went to the process of getting the student premium account if I was bragging about it. I even remember getting a message saying something like, congratulations! you are now on the student premium account ... that being said I tried to get a student account premium again so I went through the process again of putin my school name and my personal info but then this message follows: "We were unable to validate your student details. Please check your status and try again." I'm guessing there was a similar bug last year but I didn't get that message otherwise I wouldn't have paid $10.00.

I don't know what happened if there was a bug or something but if I don't get reimburse then I might as well go to another music sites. Even if i get eligible now, I won't come back because this is seriously upsetting. 

3 Replies

Hello @Kosei_c, Welcome to the community! 🙂

Could you check your eligibility here🙂

This usually solves most problems 🙂

Hi Jean,

Thank you for your reply, the thing is I'm pretty I have done that last year I was approved for student discount but as I said in my previous comment, I still got charged $10.00 each month. Is there a way to prove that I was a student last year too and get refunded? If I do those steps again will it show that I was a student last year and get refunded this past year?

@Kosei_c

You can speak to the support staff and see if they can do anything for you 🙂

You can contact Spotify support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Suggested posts