Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Students: getting charged without SheerID verification

Solved!

Students: getting charged without SheerID verification

I just signed up for a student account, but I have big time trouble with getting it working. I have already been charged but cannot use it. While connecting with sheerID an error occurred. Now I cannot send them a request but if I log in again I will be charged again which is totally not okay. I am still waiting for a response to my first Email. I am also afraid that I will be charged again next month with no chance to cancel a subscription which doesn't even seem to exist. I hope someone has the time to answer asap. Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @fkda27. Foremost, that charge you're seeing is most likely seeing a pre-authorization charge. The short version is that these are holds on your account to ensure that it does, and will contain enough funds to cover the transaction when Spotify actually claims the funds. If the transaction was never completed then the hold should be dropped within a few business days and no funds actually taken from your account. If you're interested in a more complete explanation then the Wikipedia article linked above should suffice. If the charge ultimately does not get dropped and you still do not have access to premium, then please reach out to me and I'll help get it sorted.

As far as the Student Discount goes, have you tried verifying with the manual verification found on this this page? 90% of the time the automatic verification process works without a hitch, but sometimes a more human touch is required.

Again, please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I might be able to help you with. Cheers!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @fkda27. Foremost, that charge you're seeing is most likely seeing a pre-authorization charge. The short version is that these are holds on your account to ensure that it does, and will contain enough funds to cover the transaction when Spotify actually claims the funds. If the transaction was never completed then the hold should be dropped within a few business days and no funds actually taken from your account. If you're interested in a more complete explanation then the Wikipedia article linked above should suffice. If the charge ultimately does not get dropped and you still do not have access to premium, then please reach out to me and I'll help get it sorted.

As far as the Student Discount goes, have you tried verifying with the manual verification found on this this page? 90% of the time the automatic verification process works without a hitch, but sometimes a more human touch is required.

Again, please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I might be able to help you with. Cheers!

Thank you! I think that explained it all!

Yeah thank you very much, everything worked out!

Suggested posts