Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stupid rule of only one instance of one account in use at same time!

Stupid rule of only one instance of one account in use at same time!

This is really doing my head in now. We stream Spotify playlists in our office at work Mon-Fri through the week. It's via my account. Yet when my partner at home turns on a home PC, Spotify auto starts up and cuts off our streaming in the office.

What's the big deal, why can't my partner just share my account, it's stupid us all having to get individual accounts for each member of the family.

Reverting back to Last.fm scrobbling reluctantly now for office streaming!

1 Reply

Hey 🙂

Firstly, you can stop Spotify auto starting on your home PC under the Edit > Preferences menu inside the client 🙂

Secondly, when you purchase a premium subscription, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions that clearly state that your account is for your personal useage only. 

"You are granted a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to make personal non-commercial use of the Spotify Software Application (including a right to download said application) and the Spotify Service and to receive by stream (and, where you have purchased the Premium Service or the Mobile Service, by conditional download), and in the case of the purchase of A-La Carte Downloads or Download Bundles, to receive Permanent Downloads of the media content made available through the Spotify Service in your home country. You do not have a right to transfer or sublicense your rights under this Agreement."

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts