Solved!
Highlighted
76 people liked this

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Edited
Community Manager
‎2012-12-31 11:49 AM

Hi everyone,

This thread has started collecting quite a few various issues and questions. We're going to highlight how to troubleshoot when you find your subscription isn't activated on your account. 

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but don't see it in the app.

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium. 
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
  • If it says Free, check the receipt we send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above, please click here. We'll then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction:

If you're still having trouble please post a new thread in the Accounts section of the Community, thanks!

What I'm listening to:

7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
29 people liked this

Re: Subscription problem

Community Manager
‎2013-01-02 10:23 AM

Hi jakesong93 - I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. 

I see you upgraded just this morning. Try signing back in as well as a clean reinstallation

If you still aren't receiving Premium just let me know. 

What I'm listening to:

6 people liked this

Re: Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Edited
Music Lover
‎2015-09-29 07:22 AM

UPDATED -- Hi Meredith! I have subsrcibed for Spotify Premium today and my account says I'm still under FREE status. I checked my email for receipts from Spotify but it only shows the ones I got from iTunes account which is the only payment method allowed in iPhone6. Help please. It will be appreciated. Thank you.

UPDATE (9/29/2015 at 4:06 PM Pacific time): I have solved it. To iPhone6 users, here's how:

1. Go to SETTINGS. Select App and iTunes Stores. Click your Apple ID. Click VIEW Apple ID. Go to Subscriptions and click MANAGE. Cancel your Spotify Premium enrolled via iTunes Payment method. (NOTE: I don't know if Spotify can still cancel my first payment but anyway, CANCEL it just like I did.). When you CANCEL via iPhone6, there is still a note that says "your subscription ends 28 Oct 2015" (that is, if you subscribed via your phone today. And now that this is cancelled, LOG OUT of Spotify in your phone.

2. Go to your desktop and type spotify.com. Proceed to your account and subsrcibe through here. There will be an email that confirms your subsrciption with an ORDER ID (with numbers). After doing so, go back to your iPhone6 and sign in. You should be OKAY from hereon.

I hope I was able to be of help.

Community Manager
‎2015-09-29 12:38 PM

Hey everyone!

Are you still having issues with this?

If so, try logging out/in again. If that doesn't help, try restarting the device you're using.

if it's still not showing as Premium, and you've definitely paid for the upgrade, try reinstalling the app.

9 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2015-09-29 08:50 PM
I think I may have found the answer.... tried with a different username. Try using your email address but without the @...... just the first bit. Worked for me. Wooop now have premium!!
2 people liked this

Community Legend
‎2015-10-04 04:49 AM

I think many people has this kind of problem when purchasing spotify from iTunes. The only thing I can suggest is the following:

Contact an specialized advisor from Spotify with this link: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

According to people, you could be saving money by subscribing through the Spotify website instead for 9.99. Apple charges a fee and that is why it is more expensive.

If you want this cheaper subscription,

You first need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
If you like this post - Add Kudos!
English - Español

4 people liked this

Music Lover
‎2015-10-26 03:56 PM

I solved my problem this way:

Go to the Spotify website and go to your online profile. Normally it says that you already have Premium with the green V below it. Click to update your card number but type in the same as you used before and accept. Then make sure you closed your mobile or PC app, open it again and it will say Spotify Premium. 

At least that did the trick in my case. Best of luck guys, cause we don't seem to get much response here.

5 people liked this

Edited
Community Manager
‎2015-10-29 10:26 AM

Hi everyone,

This thread has started collecting quite a few various issues and questions. We're going to highlight how to troubleshoot when you find your subscription isn't activated on your account. 

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but don't see it in the app.

• Check your subscription page. Your status should be Premium. 
  • If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
  • If it says Free, check the receipt we send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above,  please click which scenario applies to you. We'll then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 11.24.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 11.24.37 AM.png

If you're still having trouble please post a new thread in the Accounts section of the Community, thanks!

What I'm listening to:

4,840 Replies
55 people liked this

Subscription problem

Music Fan
‎2013-01-02 05:23 AM

Hello I just ordered the 30-trial spotify for premium, but I can not access all the music in my account. For example, in my Ipad, I can't access to the music because its telliing me that I am not a premium user. Please review my problem ASAP

My order number 143565866017

29 people liked this

Re: Subscription problem

Community Manager
‎2013-01-02 10:23 AM

Hi jakesong93 - I've just moved your post to this relevant thread. 

I see you upgraded just this morning. Try signing back in as well as a clean reinstallation

If you still aren't receiving Premium just let me know. 

What I'm listening to:

121 people liked this

Paid for Premium but Unable to use premium services

Music Fan
‎2013-01-03 02:21 PM
I paid for my premium account but have not been able to use premium features. Specifically I am not able to do searches. It tells me I need a premium account to do so, which I have.
10 people liked this

Re: Paid for Premium but Unable to use premium services

Songwriter
‎2013-01-03 02:37 PM

If you are on a dektop or laptop logging out, restarting spotify and then logging in again can solve your issue.

70 people liked this

Re: Just upgraded? Not getting Premium?

Music Fan
‎2013-01-03 10:35 PM
I just redeemed my spotify gift card and it says on my account that I am a premium user yet I can't access any songs. It keeps saying I have to be a premium user to listen. I have logged out of my account, I have reinstalled it onto my iPod and logged in with Facebook and still nothing. What do I do now?
27 people liked this

Trouble with premium...

Music Fan
‎2013-01-04 03:06 AM
I signed up for the free 30 day premium and then will pay monthly. I was having trouble playing the music I saved during the 48 hour free but it is finally playing but now I can only search for songs and when I want to listen to them/save them it says I only premium users can listen. I looked up my subscription and it says that I have premium...how can this get fixed? I don't want to be charged for this every month if this is going to be an ongoing issue...
21 people liked this

Premium account not recognized on iphone 5

Music Lover
‎2013-01-04 05:28 AM

I signed up for the 48 hour free trial on my iphone 5.  It worked.
48 hour trial ended so I signed up for premium on my laptop using the same login created on the iphone.

iphone still says that I need premium but doesn;'t even give me an option to upgrade (which is why I did it on the laptop).

Help

20 people liked this

Re: Premium account not recognized on iphone 5

Music Lover
‎2013-01-04 07:29 AM

I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Now it recognizes the premium account and allows me to play the playlists.

13 people liked this

Re: Trouble with premium...

Community Manager
‎2013-01-04 09:46 AM

@Jennniboard - I've just moved your post to this more relevant thread. 

That upgrade has gone through for you. Just do a quick log out/ log in and a clean reinstallation if necessary. 

What I'm listening to:

SUGGESTED POSTS