Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

My account is still free but I paid for a premium, I've tried multiple times of deleting and redownloading the app. I also never received an email confirmation of the upgrade. I need help asap.

15 Replies

Hi @keeganfranks and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Here's what to try if you've upgraded to Premium but don't see it in the app.

• If you're on Premium, try signing out and back into the app. 
    • If it says Free, check the receipt Spotify send to your email inbox. Make sure you're signing in with the username on that receipt. If the username on your receipt is a 10 digit number, please sign in with your Facebook login details.

If you've tried all the steps above,  please click on the button below. It'll then take you through a survey to point you in the right direction:

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 11.24.24 AM.png

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I never received my confirmation email but I was charged.

Ok. Can you please fill that out: https://community.spotify.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/HelpFlow-Account It'll take you to the best direction.

MaximSpotify Star

I have my receipt on my email and I'm loging with FB but the account is still free even I have already paid...

Tried the things you post and nothing

Hey @richo120792!

Have you reached out to Spotify's Customer Support yet? If not, you can contact them through one of the channels below:

Contact form: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCF

Facebook: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCaresFB

Twitter: http://bit.ly/SpotifyCaresTW

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the Knowledgebase or the Spotify Community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address. Spotify Customer Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MaximSpotify Star

My account has switched over to Free even though I am paying for Premium. I have tried all fixes posted but still have ads.

Exactly the same for me! Nothing works -and NO i do not have two accounts, I have a Premium account for more than two years now...

Hello,

I'm using Spotify premium 15 months in a row.

Always from same account, nothing changed, but this month you took money for subscription, but my plan was changed to Free.

I tried to relogin to Spotify again, but even in your internet page in subscription page it shows, that I'm using free plan, so I think its your issue, not my account.

Also I did clean reinstall, but it's not app problem if in my account page shows free plan right now.

Order date 3/24/16.

So three days of my Premium account is gone now and who knows when my account will be changed to Premium.

I hope for fast reaction, thank you.

Hey guys!

Thanks for the posts.

Please follow Maximapple's advise above and get in touch via Spotify's direct contact 🙂

What's approx time to wait for respond?

I wrote them two days ago, but still no answer 😞

Sorry to keep you waiting.

I've gave the email team a nudge. You should receive a reply shortly 🙂

Sooo, I used the contact form as suggested. Here is what I got (translated from french, hence roughly speaking): "hi there, we cannot figure out what's wrong with your account, so we just cancelled your subscription. Please subscribe again" (with a wrong link to the subscription page...).  

Best. Solution. Ever.

Hey!

Sorry to hear you've had an unsatisfactory reply.

We appreciate your feedback and we've passed it over to the right team.

Thanks

I have just tried to upgrade to Premium. Two separate amounts have come off my credit card but am still only a free user.I've tried deleting Spotify from cache and applications as per instructions and downloading again same result - Free User.

How do you actually get in touch with Spotify to log a complaint

p.s. I haven't had an email confirmation from Spoitify re upgrade to Premium but 2 lots of money charged to credit card.

Suggested posts