Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify

If you've paid for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following:

• Log out and back into your account
    Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system

• Check the status of your subscription
    Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active. 

• Check the status of your payment
    If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company's authorization process. When you submit a payment, your bank or credit card places a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

• Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account
    You might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts

4,840 Replies

qisis17
Hello...I did the 3month for .99 and the paid for 1 month on 9/16/15 since about the 18th or so I joined in a family plan with my boyfriend for $14.99 and i want to discontinue paying on the single Membership..i dont know how to stop it...please Help!!!

nyar03
I cant see available offline slide function on my premium spotify account. Tried relogin and reinstall app. Still same

miriam1
Casual Listener

Hi just signed up for the premium and got it but for some reason all the playlists i made with music from Spotify only shows up when I log in via Facebook and when I do this I am still registered as not Premium and so can´t listen online. It seems I now have two accounts, one s mirhla and one as Miriam Hlavaty. Is there any way to merge the two?

miriam1
Casual Listener

hi just signed up for the premium and got it but for some reason all the playlists i made with music from Spotify only shows up when I log in via Facebook and when I do this I am still registered as not Premium and so can´t listen online. It seems I now have two accounts, one s mirhla and one as Miriam Hlavaty. Is there any way to merge the two?

Godisdead
I paid for premium and my account said my subscription was paused and i would have to use another payment method such as paypal but I do not use these other payment methods anyway i got frustrated and canceled my subscription Is there any way to fix this?

seth2121
Casual Listener

I purcahsed Spotify Premium from my Iphone and throgh itunes. When I first was paying on the Spotify app, itunes gave me a notification that I didn't have enough store credit to purchase the item(I had a gift card with 5 cents left over). So I put in my  debit card into the itunes store and paid the 11.99. However when I got back to the Spotify app, it said there was a problem trying to upgrade, and only gave me the option to close that notification. Once I closed it, the app returned me to the home page, and I had none of the premium features. In my bank account it says apple charged me 12.91 for an app purchase. 

Any advice?

driveflanger
Community Legend

Can you see the receipt on Spotify's web site?

seth2121
Casual Listener
No, I never got a receipt from Spotify.

driveflanger
Community Legend

I think many people has this kind of problem when purchasing spotify from iTunes. The only thing I can suggest is the following:

Contact an specialized advisor from Spotify with this link: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it. Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

According to people, you could be saving money by subscribing through the Spotify website instead for 9.99. Apple charges a fee and that is why it is more expensive.

If you want this cheaper subscription,

You first need to cancel it from iTunes. Your subscription is being handled by Apple.

Information on how to do this can be found here:

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039

http://www.imore.com/how-cancel-or-modify-itunes-or-app-store-subscription-right-your-iphone-or-ipad

BlackIrish

Hi Meredith,

I've been subscribed to Spotify premium for over a year. I was on premium yesterday with no issues and after a couple hours my spotify began playing commercials and said I was on Spotify free. I've checked my subscritpion and it says Premium but all of my devices have switched to free. I've tried logging in and out and have even deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled and it still sets me to free. All of my devices are logged in through facebook and when I check my subscription through the website I log in through facebook as well but I am still unable to use premium.

alayafox

ive just paid for spotify premium and im still on the free one, ive tryed logging out and ive deleted the app and got it back again, just its still not working. i dont have another account, ive always used the account im trying to get premium on now. i had premium before but it just stoped acouple of days ago. spotify has taken my money but i dont have premium? i dont know what to do about it.

Davy198
Casual Listener
Me ither can't get human support ither 

Jovie
Casual Listener
Eventhough the Apple team sent me an invoice for my premium subscription still its FREE.. Can't access offline, w/out ads etc. kindly help me..thanks!

Jovie
Casual Listener
I just subscribed for a 1 month premium but still can not access to premium freebies. Apple already sent me an invoice. Kindly help me with this matter..or else i will not subscribe anymore..thanks!!

Hs4ever
I have the same problem, buy premium on App Store and the Spotify say I have Free account.

Please help.

swinwardwinward
So on the apple app, in settings, you can manage your subscriptions. Like the spotifiy premium subscription in there. So I bought the spotifiy premium on there and it took my money and said that it will end on Nov. 2 (I did this yesterday) but on the app it says that I have the spotifiy free.
I have tried logging out, deleting the app, reserving my iPod, but nothing works,

Please help

user-removed
Not applicable
How Do I cancel a 7 day free trial

jamieroggerss
I've been charged for premium 3 times in a row and it won't even work

emailbillnetter
I signed up under a student license and saw the $5.00 charge in my bank account, but it is still saying I'm a Free account? I tried deleting and re-installing, but it still says that I have a Free account. Can you please check my account and get Spotify working for me? Thanks! BN

Davy198
Casual Listener
Just got premium and can't listen music off line

maysacorreia
I've paid the premium account but it still apears as free account. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I have logged out of my account and logged in, I logged in with my Facebook account, but it still not working. What's should O do?
SUGGESTED POSTS