Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

meahtenoha

If you've paid for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following:

• Log out and back into your account
    Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system

• Check the status of your subscription
    Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active. 

• Check the status of your payment
    If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company's authorization process. When you submit a payment, your bank or credit card places a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

• Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account
    You might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts

4,840 Replies

meahtenoha

käpy - Exactly what username are you using to sign in?

mischyan - Please read this post here, your issue will be sorted after following those instructions: Missing playlists/ Premium disappeared 

stabler17

I have spotify on my android. My girlfriend bought me premium for a year. I love the app but now when i try logging in on my pc it says i'm using the free trial. i clicked on premium and put in the same code and it says it has been used. What can i do? The PC app is so much better and i'd rather have it on my PC. Is it possible i'm using the wrong user name and/or password?

I have been a premium subscriber for over a year.  My cell phone, which is accuraltly logged in, does not recognize me as a premium subscriber. 

Jjv623
I have had spotify premium for the best part of a year now and this morning won't let me stream what so ever. All my starred have disappeared and everything greyed. My log in is jjv623. I have reinstalled spotify and signed in and out numerous times. There's no problem with payment either

meahtenoha

Hi jjv623 - The first place we recommend looking is your subscription page

From there you'll see your last payment couldn't go through. Please take a look at our payment FAQ to make sure your card meets those details. 

powell_samuelj

I signed up for the 30 day premium trial, and I intend to keep the premium subscription active. I've entered my PayPal creditials, which appear to be okay. When I log in online through the web, it says I have an active premium subscription. However, my mobile app (iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, Spotify 0.5.10.14) does not seem to be registering that premium subscription. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, but I still get the message "Only premium users can stream on demand". Anything to be done?

Peter__

@powell_samuelj wrote:

I signed up for the 30 day premium trial, and I intend to keep the premium subscription active. I've entered my PayPal creditials, which appear to be okay. When I log in online through the web, it says I have an active premium subscription. However, my mobile app (iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, Spotify 0.5.10.14) does not seem to be registering that premium subscription. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, but I still get the message "Only premium users can stream on demand". Anything to be done?

Try logging out of Spotify, fully restarting your iPhone and then logging back in again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

AmerikanKiwi

Hi I've tried to do this numerous times - I've even erased Spotify App on my iphone (4s) and re-downloaded it. It states "Needs a premium account.  I have paid and its been almost 2 months now without working - I thought perhaps it needed some time.  I've done the suggested on this post and still having problmes.  I've tried it by email address (same as facebook) and also logging in through facebook which is how its done on my desktop.  thank you.

Erika (I've added a screenshot of my desktop spotify)

I have done the following in addition to deleting and re-installing the Spotify Application 2 times. Spotify .JPG" Check your subscription page. Be sure your status says 'You have an active Spotify Premium subscription'. 

2. If you're on Premium, do a quick sign out/ sign in. 

3. As a last step, do a clean reinstallation. Your account will show as Premium on all devices shortly. 

AmerikanKiwi

I forgot to mention I have also logged out and logged back in numerous times on my desktop Spotify. Still doesnt help my iphone issue as stated above. 🙂

Richard
AmericanKiwi - looking at your screenshot it appears you have an Unlimited subscription at the moment (see the top of the screen). You'll need to upgrade to Premium.
Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

drewrfyfe

I just upgraded to Premium and although it's working on my laptop, my cell phone is not syncing. It's saying that I need a Premium account, which I have. Please help. 

Order ID: 162253410011

Simon-Rick

Hey there,

i tried the free premium version for 30 days and now i wanted to go on with my premium account. So i tried to order it after the 30 days free version. But it doesn't work. I wanted to pay with that karma invoice option because i haven't got a credit card. But now Spotify says there are unpaid invoices and i have to pay them at first, before i can get the premium account. But iv'e just tried the 30 day version for free and i haven't received any invoices which i could pay.

Can someone help me please

simon

renok75
Having same problem - i think the phone and computer have to be on the same wifi to sync

Hey there sisters and brothers!

If you have some problems with Premium, I would suggest to drop a line to Customer service here.

If you get an automated reply pointing to Community! Just ignore message and click an Reply button (even if email is noreply) and one from Customer service will contact you soon and you're problem will be solved this way in very good time!

Feel free to try and let me know more about how's your day beating 🙂

RachaelOzier

I'm  having the same problem.  I upgraded to Premium with a gift card today and also got one month free.  I got the reciept that says it went through but I can't access the Premium on  my phone.  I already did the iPhone troubleshooting and cleared data and cookies.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it is still not letting me access Premium.  Help please

Peter__

@RachaelOzier wrote:

I'm  having the same problem.  I upgraded to Premium with a gift card today and also got one month free.  I got the reciept that says it went through but I can't access the Premium on  my phone.  I already did the iPhone troubleshooting and cleared data and cookies.  I also uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it is still not letting me access Premium.  Help please

Sometimes it can take a short while for your subscription to appear accross all of your devices. 

Is it working today? Try logging out, fully restarting your device and then logging back in again.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

RachaelOzier

Still isn't working.  I've turned off my phone and logged out, reinstalled, cleared cookies and data....pretty much everything I can think of to get it to work.

Richard

@RachaelOzier wrote:

Still isn't working.  I've turned off my phone and logged out, reinstalled, cleared cookies and data....pretty much everything I can think of to get it to work.

Your account is definitely on Premium and it sounds like you're definitely doing everything you should be to get it working.

If you log into your account page on the website [https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/] what is your Subscription Status listed as?

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

jenniffa

I have entered my card details, and I have money, and I have checked everything, and it should work, but it keep saying that the payment failed. How can it fail if I got money for it, and everything should just go smooth?

Please help, I can't survive without my music!

Richard

@jenniffa wrote:

I have entered my card details, and I have money, and I have checked everything, and it should work, but it keep saying that the payment failed. How can it fail if I got money for it, and everything should just go smooth?

Please help, I can't survive without my music!

I can't see why your payment is failing exactly, but please see http://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/payment-problem-card for a list of the usual reason.

Suggested posts