Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

meahtenoha

If you've paid for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following:

• Log out and back into your account
    Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system

• Check the status of your subscription
    Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active. 

• Check the status of your payment
    If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company's authorization process. When you submit a payment, your bank or credit card places a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

• Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account
    You might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts

4,840 Replies

FranDarvill

howww?????

jorgwest

Hi, I just upgraded, but premium is not showing up within Spotify, just on account page. I have done clean reinstall on computer, still does not show up. How long does it take to show up? A couple hours? Days? Thanks for your help.

kimchi

Im having the issue, bought premium for maybe a couple of hours ago. Ive tried everything youve suggested but cant get it to work. I got the receipt in my email and **bleep** but wont "activate"

GoGooCh

I've done steps 1 to 3 and still can't use spotify.

"You've exceeded your 10 hour time limit"

That's it hopefully will solve itself, thanks.

-Gooch

lakankiller

I'm having the same problem, I've reinstalled it and all that aswell but still it doesnt work on my PC nor my phone. To be honest, I'm not surpriced. This is not the first time I've bought premium and it's not working. 😕 

knubbo

Hi, 

I can see that I have premium in the profile, but application is still on free version, not allowing me use offline listening.

kelsmadeulook

If I signed up with the trial on my computer and try to log in on my phone it doesn't work. I even deleted the app and reinstalled. Could that be the issue? That I subscribed to premium on the computer instead of my phone?

mronan87

I just upgraded to premium and my desktop version of spotify still has ads and says upgrade at the top, same as when I had the free version. I tried logging in and out and restarting spotify and my computer and it hasn't changed. 

sofiajarvis
After having upgraded to spotify premium half an hour ago or so, I am still unable to access premium on my computer (though it does work on my cell phone). I have already tried logging in and out again as well as a clean reinstallation. Would love any tips on how to get it work on my computer!

Sam

Hi guys,

There appears to be a slight delay in updating accounts at the moment. If you could try all the steps Meredith mentions on the first page and if it's still not working, please contact us here. We'll then look into it further.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Leetmad

...I've uninstalled/reinstalled, I've checked my email confirmations, I'm a Spotify Premium. Why does my money go directly to you, but it's been over an hour in the library and I don't have music still? Like how can it says I'm Premium but then not give me the features? It's the Internet, it should be instant.

Sam
Leetmad - Try logging out and in again. Does it work now?
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have got the same problem and I do have log in and log out for a several times 

fredrickswe

Please be so kind and do your job for me too. I've paid for unlimited but nothing happens. 

Aquilo

I just upgraded to premium. I installed it on my iphone and that worked, but I don´t get it on my laptop. 

I ensured that I am an active premium user according to the web-page, and I logged in and out a few times, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Still just ordinary free acount

Hi Meredith,

I'm having this same problem after just upgrading to Premium. I have done the clean install and restarted my Mac but everytime I go to preferences in Spotify to select "High Quality Streaming" it tells me it's a Premium feature, I know that, that's why I upgraded!

So it seems my account has not been recognised as upgraded yet? Same thing happens on the iPhone too?

Any ideas?

Thanks

kimchi

Ive already submitted a ticket for maybe 2 hours ago, i still havent recieved an answer, pretty poor customer support if you ask me

LucianDarko

i'm having the same problem... i still have ads in music and on screen and annoying "ugrade" button in top right hand corner. account  page says i am on premium though. confusing and irritating. yes i have loged out a nd closed spotfy and re started.

anyone know the email address or how to send a contact form? i can't find anyway of contacting spotify

Sam

Hi guys,

As I mentioned before, if you're still having trouble after you've tried the steps Meredith outlines, please contact customer support.

-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

stianrodal

Have the same problem. Just upgraded to premium, and the account says so, but not on my ipad or computer. Have installed spotify on both again and it still wont work.

Is there some time before it starts to work or what?

Suggested posts