Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

Subscribed, but not getting Premium?

meahtenoha

If you've paid for Premium but can't use your Premium features (ad-free listening, download music for offline listening, etc.), try the following:

• Log out and back into your account
    Occasionally this is necessary to force a sync of info between your device and our account system

• Check the status of your subscription
    Go to your subscription page and check that your Premium subscription is still active. 

• Check the status of your payment
    If your Spotify payment is marked as 'pending' on your bank statement, it might not have gone through successfully. For more information, check out payment troubleshooting.

A pending charge is a part of your bank or credit card company's authorization process. When you submit a payment, your bank or credit card places a temporary authorization on the funds. If the transaction doesn’t successfully complete, no money will be taken and the charge will soon disappear. The time this takes can vary, depending on your bank/credit card company. For more information, contact your bank/credit card company.

• Check that your Premium subscription isn’t on another account
    You might be logged into the wrong account. It's possible to create multiple Spotify accounts, each with their own login details, saved music, and subscription. 

Check to see if you have any other accounts

4,840 Replies

MatsBacks

Hi, I followed all the steps but it still doesn't work.

When I go and check on my account it says that I have premium but I don't have it on my Spotify program or in my phone.

Please help me:) Thanks!

sossesophia

I have done exactly what you said...it didn't work.

DanielAKAWMD

Just upgraded to Spotify Unlimited, like others I'm not getting that subscription in the client. On the subscriptions page it says that I should be on unlimitied. 

I followed the steps on the first page, they didn't work

Satyrzwerg

Hey,

I followed all the steps but it doesn't work.

On my Profile it says you're Premium user but on my phone and on my Desktop PC it just say Spotify User.

Please help me:)

DanielAKAWMD

Problem seems to be sorted.

I logged out from the website AND the client, logged back in on both and its working.

AdamskiFTW

Just upgraded to Unlimited after my free account run out, it's still asking me to upgrade on the client even though it says I have an active Unlimited account on the website. Tried logging out of both website/client and reinstalling the client.. still getting the same issue. Any ideas?

BastiM97

what did you do? 

I'm waiting now two houers in there is no premium? 

I rebooted spotify, I reintall it but still no progress!!

Lenzelot

Hello

I have upgraded from free to premium. In my account page is the premium activated. But in the client I don't have any premium services. My Squeezebox is not working too. I have reinstalled the client two times (with PC reboot). Nothing change. My Account Number is 1124493543. What's wrong

Thanks

thewaites

me too, whats going on here?

beltzies64

Same for me.  I've had premium for over a year, but my CC expired and I forgot to update the details.  Just updated them right now, re-subscribed to premium, but it's not working on my iPad, Android, or Windows machine.  What's the deal?

LucasWouters

You just have to wait.

For me it worked after 2 hours

stianrodal

Same here! Works for me now, yeey!

pjay

Not working for me, did log back in several times + clean reinstall. Even tried on other devices.

With cloud services one expects things to work instantly and without fail for these kind of things. I upgraded from Unlimited to Premium because I wanted to use offline mode, because I needed some music before I ran out the door. But I guess I can forget about that now. Same issue when I upgraded from Free to Unlimited, and when I google, all I see is people having this issue for pretty much ever since the inception. Are you serious?

eagleswing

I signed in and out and the advertisment finally went away. The problem is I still cant sign in on my onkyo 609, not sure if its a premium issue or on myside?

meahtenoha

Hi everyone - By now you should all be on Premium and enjoying the features on all devices.

If any of you are still having trouble please let me know. Thanks everyone. 

jamesmottee

Ive done all this - Im premum on my desktop but my Iphone5 says im not.  Ive reinstalled a couple of times on my phone.  But still nothing.

meahtenoha

Hi jamesmottee - I can see you upgraded yesterday. If you check your subscription page and it says 'Premium' rest assured this will activate on your account. 

Have you tried shutting down the app completely and then starting it up again?

jamesmottee

Thanks I just tried again and it all worked this time -maybe needed time : )

kmorrellmusic
I have the same problem. I have now been charged the monthly $9.99 but when I try to play something from my phone, it tells me I have to be a premium member. i am getting charged but my spotify account doesn't list that I'm premium, so I can't even cancel. I want to cancel and receive my money back.

calleholm

I just redeemed my spotify gift card and it says on my account that I am a premium user yet I can't access any songs. It keeps saying I have to be a premium user to listen. I have logged out of my account, I have reinstalled it onto my iPod and logged in with Facebook and still nothing. What do I do now?
.Email address:      [snip-email address]
Username/ID:        1165071203
Date:               2013-02-01 10:45 UTC
Order ID:           153926400018

Suggested posts