Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscribed randomly to 'Jae Mansa'

Subscribed randomly to 'Jae Mansa'

I am randomly getting subscribed to playlists containing songs from someone called Jae Mansa. His songs play automatically when I am not even using Spotify!

I have changed my password, and even never have received any notification of suspicious activity. This makes no sense, I am pretty sure that I am not the only one having this issue. SO please make sure this random guy gets blocked, it is really inappropriate to be forced to listen to the horrible songs of 'Jae Mansa'. 

10 Replies

Hi @AA951,

If you think someone has access to your account, check out this help article on how to secure your account. 🙂

Best,

Jack

Hi Jack,

Thanks, already did all that. Still having the same issue..

I have been having the same issue. Ill be listening to music, and then suddenly this Jae Mansa's music will randomly start playing. I don't get it, but it's really annoying. Just finished reseting my PW info, so hope that fixes it. 

HI @Origins360 @AA951,

Sounding like this might be an issue many Spotify users are experienceing, if you can, post a issue in the ideas chat, that way Spotify can directly take a look and if it gets enough votes, they will try to fix it. Here is the link to creating a new idea: 

https://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/ideas_submissions/search-before-post-mode/...

Sorry I could not be of more help.

-J

This happened to me to! I had paused my music for the day, later that night. About 2am! cranking out Jae Mansa playlist of 4 tracks. Woke up the house. Its not my kind of music, I never 'followed' it or even heard the tracks before. It just started playing out of no where.

I've just now unfollowed it, kicked all devices off account via my spotify profile and change password. We'll see if this is enough.

Having the same issue too. It’s really driving me crazy seeing this ‘Jae Mansa’ appear in my heavy rotation. Will it affect my discover weekly? 

I feel your pain. For me it was DRAKE playing!!!!!! Woke me out of bed! UGhhhhh... I had the same thing happen to me, but it was with Drake's music playing. I signed out from all my devices and then change my password still played Drake the next night. Spotify is constanly recommended popular artists to people ang pushing music down our throats (ears) uhgg!!!!

DRAKE playing out of no where!!!!!! Woke me out of bed! UGhhhhh... I had the same thing happen to me, but it was with Drake's music playing. I signed out from all my devices and then change my password still played Drake the next night. Spotify is constanly recommended popular artists to people ang pushing music down our throats (ears) uhgg!!!!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this in the Community!

If you're notice any unexpected activity on your account, please make sure to follow all the steps provided here, including the second step listed. This way, our support team can investigate further behind the scenes for you.

Let us know how this goes, happy holidays!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Same here! I'm about to lose my mind if**bleep** keeps coming up

Suggested posts