Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription Comparison Chart

Solved!

Subscription Comparison Chart

Please Note: This chart was created by me for clarification purposes here on the Spotify Community. This chart is not endorsed by, or form any part of, official subscription information from Spotify. All details are correct at time of publishing.

As there have been a lot of queries about the features of each of the subscription tiers after the recent changes, I hope the table below offers some clarification. 

Public Subscription Level Table Updated.png

(Click to enlarge)

Fancy trying Spotify Premium free for 30 days? Check out: https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

2014-11-06: Spotify Unlimited is being phased out, as a result you may not be able to (re)subscribe to Spotify Unlimited.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask below! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi everyone, 

Spotify no longer offers the Unlimited tier for new subscriptions. When a customer changes their payment method, their subscription is reset as new.

If you have any other questions about your subscription please reach out to the team via the contact form, thanks!

View solution in original post

109 Replies

Thanks so much for the very helpful reply - it would have helped to have seen that on the subscriptions page when I signed up!  Maybe it was me not looking properly!  Cheers.

No matter how hard you looked you wouldn't have found a comparison chart like the one above on the main Spotify website! 😉

Peter

Thank you so much for posting.  I searched the site for 25 minutes before finding this.  I am not sure why this information is not readily available.  Spotify should state this information when signing up for a unlimited or premium account.

Thank so much, this was so helpful! I wish I had seen this before I purchased unlimited, I probably wouldn't have done it.

Thanks for this!

I find it rather un-charming when companies try to hide information like this.

Thank you Peter!

Had to search it out but your chart is AWESOME!

nice chart, I'll keep it handy! 

Really helpful chart. Thanks. I have been totally confused today why I couldn't skip songs even tho I am paying for unlimited. Turns out unlimited doesn't include unlimited skips. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's infuriating 😠

hello i still want to purchased Spotify Unlimited (not the premium), because i just use desktop, how it's possible because i can't find the link to purchase the unlimited. only the prenuim.

thank you

pierre

Unlimited is being withdrawn in many countries but you may still be able to get it by going here.

so if I down grade from premium to unlimited I wont have acsess to my playlist on my phone?

@313joe313 - If you are using iOS 6+ or android 2.3+ you will be able to play the playlist, but only in shuffle mode with advertising (and suggested tracks if applicable).

Peter

You my Friend Peter are a legend!

Theres no way that Spotify would put something like this in their marketing material as it highlights that Unlimited is a scam and a con.

After looking at this any sensible person would not pay the money for Ulimited and just use the Free version as they are pretty similar.

Also I was on unlimited and it only allows for shuffle play only same as free - I dont think your charts is clear on this as it says Play mode = on demand same as Premium which it definately is not as its shuffle only.

btw in case anyone is interested I've put in a paypal case for a refund of all my Unlimited subscription payments stating that its virtually the same product as free so why should I be charged for it.  I think I have a good case as there is no information on the spotify website to say what is / isnt included in Unlimtied - this I think is intentional so as to confuse those people like me that couldn't justify paying for premium and then got suckered into paying money for free under the guise of "unlimited" subscription... spotify.. you should be ashamed of yourselves.

@rgoulter - Just be aware, if PayPal process a chargeback on your subscription fee, Spotify will disable your account.

Peter

Im ok with that.. I've found a better product.

there is no information on the spotify website to say what is / isnt included in Unlimtied

Actually, after the recent changes it was perfectly clear that Unlimited became rather similar to the new Free version. That’s a reason why I use the Free version, for example. If you didn’t notice it can’t considered Spotify’s fault, as everything is written when they describe the various versions.

chart was very helpful.. thanks!
-Jay

this table should have been a done no-brainer in the first place.....thank you

So according to the chart, if I have Spotify Unlimited on the desktop then that DOES NOT transfer over to the mobile app?

Suggested posts