Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription Comparison Chart

Solved!

Subscription Comparison Chart

Please Note: This chart was created by me for clarification purposes here on the Spotify Community. This chart is not endorsed by, or form any part of, official subscription information from Spotify. All details are correct at time of publishing.

As there have been a lot of queries about the features of each of the subscription tiers after the recent changes, I hope the table below offers some clarification. 

Public Subscription Level Table Updated.png

(Click to enlarge)

Fancy trying Spotify Premium free for 30 days? Check out: https://www.spotify.com/freetrial/

2014-11-06: Spotify Unlimited is being phased out, as a result you may not be able to (re)subscribe to Spotify Unlimited.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask below! 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

109 Replies

Defamation? Really? Easy tiger.

You're grip on reality (and the purpose of this community) drifts further with each posts.

Happy troll day Lazza.

Hi Lazza,

my complaint was not about Spotify needing a justification for keeping or not a product, they can remove if they wan't, that's for sure, but at least I think they should notify this to customer having the product, not doing so is what is for unjustificable.

@Lazza wrote:

. One which probably you don’t need, <Snip>,that’s why I always stay Free.

How on earth do you know what other people need?

Is it the fact that some people are prepared to pay extra for completely add free streaming that is bugging you? Because for someone who's needs are apparently fully met by the free service, something seems to be upsetting you about those of us who want a subscription option to continue that fully meets our needs. Perhaps you really would like a fully add free service, but aren't prepared to pay for it and therefore resent it's continued existance? Just thinking out loud BTW.

Haha, funny. He himself wrote he doesn't need Premium. It was not my guess, it was his statement. Honestly he is not the only one saying they don't need Premium, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Your assumption is crazy. I don't want ad free service, I never said I want it. Otherwise why would I keep using the Free plan? I would chose the paid plan.

I don't understand why you snipped two different sentences merging half of them to make up a new one. That's crazy. XD
Marked as solution

Hi everyone, 

Spotify no longer offers the Unlimited tier for new subscriptions. When a customer changes their payment method, their subscription is reset as new.

If you have any other questions about your subscription please reach out to the team via the contact form, thanks!

@meahtenoha wrote:

When a customer changes their payment method, their subscription is reset as new.

Sorry, but that is completely crazy. In what normal world does that make any sense?

They seem to have similarly inept people running the accounts department as those in design; the ones who took away stars, took away sorting in search results, put a massively flawed Your Music in place of the Library and changed the GUI colour to one that causes many people viewing problems.

They seem to have similarly inept people running the accounts department as those in design; the ones who took away stars, took away sorting in search results, put a massively flawed Your Music in place of the Library and changed the GUI colour to one that causes many people viewing problems.

From these rants, one clearly understands your attitude. No matter what Spotify does, you will always find something to complain about. Holy smokes, even complaining about the new bookmarking feature of Your Music. Just for the sake of curiosity, is there any single thing you actually like about Spotify?

You talk bad about Spotify more than an employee of a rival company would. If you think they are all idiot, maybe you could consider another service.

Not that there are no issues or problems. One is the fact that the Linux client was updated to the new features weeks after the low-quality OSes conterparts. Or the radio bug on non-US platforms, it took months to fix. But “OMG I don’t like the color” is just a matter of taste.

Lazza wrote:

But “OMG I don’t like the color” is just a matter of taste.

Did you not read this bit that I said regarding the colour: "That causes many people viewing problems.".

And as for the rest of my coments on the UI interface changes; read the forums; I am not alone in my complaints by a very large number. Complaints that Spotify failed to respond to even though asked to many times.

Despite the 'downgrade' of a few months ago, it is still, in my view, the best streaming service currently around for my needs. But surely, as I am a paying customer, I am entitled to critisize any changes they make if I feel it is making the service worse. I think it has made the service much worse so choose to state so in a strong manner.

My observations about Spotify Unlimited:

I have "Unlimited" since Sept 2011.  I pay $4.99/mo and it allows me to play on demand.  Last month I got a new laptop and downloaded Spotify under my subscription.  It acted fine until I changed the playing to "shuffle" on one of my playlists.  Oops - I couldn't undo it so I'm locked in to Shuffle, I guess, unless I'm missing something.  Fortunately I have the same Spotify on my old laptop and it still plays on demand.  Of course there's bait on the screen to "ubgrade to new Spotify".  I won't touch that because I'm sure I'll lose my current functionality of playing on demand.

Fortunately I have the same Spotify on my old laptop and it still plays on demand. Of course there’s bait on the screen to “ubgrade to new Spotify”. I won’t touch that because I’m sure I’ll lose my current functionality of playing on demand.

That’s likely a bug and you should reinstall the application. Spotify on PC allows everybody, including those with free accounts, to play with or without shuffle.

I was only to reply to this thread by replying to a specific person for some reason....

It seems that as solution was given earlier in this thread and that Spotify later on told people that unlimited is no longer availible and marked their own response as a solution... I think Spotify needs some competition, I would gladly change to a new service even if it would cost just as much just to prove a point.

Anyways, here is a link that JUST NOW as of 2015-02-21 worked for me. My premium free subscription ran out, I was on free and found this earlier in the thread and it still works!!

https://www.spotify.com/purchase/spotify/product/unlimited/

Costs the same and activated unlimited for me.

Ι tried, but it says im not eligible.

Have you activated this plan earlier? (before the announcement  shutting it down.)

***UPDATE***

Ι,ve just got my receipt and i'm in spotify unlimited!!! 

Thanks, it works!!

Just worked for me too! I had given up on Spotify...

Where is the $5/month Spotify unlimited plan? I'm on the $10 premium plan and I want to switch to the $5 plan.

you are actually responding to a months old thread but to answer your question, it depends on country. Here in the Philippines we are only paying around $3 for premium account. 

Thanks! This is super helpful. The main thing I need it for is in my car and it would be off line music so I guess I need to pay the premium to get that! Bummer! I need to get a better phone or car radio upgrade because this $10 a month is not worth it for off line mode only. I have internet everywhere else! Hhmmm...something seems off! Premlady

I dont even see an option for any of the plans or even what the Premium plan includes until I just found these threads. I dont even have the music/radio on my plan. Not sure if the $10 a month is worth it? All seems crazy to me...still trying to figure it out.....

I think they caught on because it takes me to the billing area for the 9.99 a month. Bummer!!

Is this chart up to date? Because I have Premium and I can not organize my song order, it only plays on Shuffle. 😞

Thank you for this insanely helpful chart. It helped me figure out why I got advertisement on my phone Spotify even though I pay for Spotify Unlimited.

Suggested posts