Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription cant be cancelled

Subscription cant be cancelled

My membership is going to run out in 5 days so i want to cancel it before i get charged for the next month as i wont be able to use it, however i cant cancel it as changes are being made to the website. Is there any way to get around this? 

18 Replies

You will be able to cancel as soon as the website maintenance is finished. It should be back up real soon:

https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i wish to cancel my subscription following a free trial but cant due to web maintenance what a suprise..when will the website be back up and running so i can complete this action.

Should be back up soon hopefully

MattSudaSpotify Star

What if the website isn't back up today? Will I get charged for another month because your website isn't working?

If Spotify ends up charging you, you can contact support for a refund:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I have the same problem and i think its a total rip off. Under maintenance so they could charge me for another month!

I'm trying to cancel my subs but when I go to my account the option isn't there to cancel? hasn't been since I set the account up and I've tried through my Apple Account too nothing there?!

this aint working

I have been trying to cancel my account, because I am overdrawn $150 due to Spotify. I have been trying to cancel my account since February. That was two weeks ago. Please stop this subscription and help to resolve my overdrawn account.

I'm having the same problem - there is no option for 'cancel your subscription' under subscription and payments?

I am being billed each month for a Premium account but when I go into Subscription it tells me “Try Premium for Free” and shows no record of my credit card being uploaded with my account and shows that I still have a “Free” account.

There is no 1-800# to call or email for me to talk to a tech support person. I am EXTREMELY frustrated that I am being billed $10.75 each month but have no access to a premium account and have no way of editing my credit card on file….because it doesn’t show any credit card at all!

Hello @mbritcas, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I suggest you contact support so they can assist you with solving your issue 🙂

You can contact support on twitter @SpotifyCares Or you can email Support here.

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Your link to email support does not take me to an actual email address I can send anything to. Can you please send me the  actual address and not a link?

Hey @mbritcas

The link is a contact form 🙂

Just select the options that apply and fill out the text box and Sotify will contact you email registered to your account 🙂

If you don't have access to the email registered on your account just pop me a message and well see what we can do for you 🙂

Nowhere on the selections is there an option for any email communication. I have been dealing with this for an hour now and earlier when I was clicking through all the options on how to cancel this, I never received an email from Spotify. I have 2 accounts britcasper@gmail.com & mbritcas@gmail.com. Neither show a credit card being uploaded/stored and one of them is being billed for a premium account each month.  I would like to be put in contact with a persont that can actually fix this today and cancel my card. 

@mbritcas

Mmm okay lets tr figure this out 🙂

Follow these steps:

1. Go to  this link
  2. Click "Subscription"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "I Still Need Help"
  5. Fill out the text box and press "Send Question"

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

If you don't receive anything check your Spam/Junk Folder, if theirs nothing their by tomorrow you can ask me and well escalate this 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I"m sort of in the same boat....has it been fixed? How?

Hello @dichavez14, Welcome to the community! 🙂

I suggest you contact support so they can assist you with solving your issue 🙂

You can contact support on twitter @SpotifyCares Or you can email Support here.

Suggested posts