Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription payment failed, but no obvious way to pay.

Subscription payment failed, but no obvious way to pay.

I have a Premium account, but my last payment didn't go through due to an issue with Paypal and my bank.

I now get regular emails saying my subscription hasn't been renewed and to update my payment details etc, but the issue with Paypal/the bank has been sorted, so I just want to make the normal payment via the normal way.

As well as the emails, I get messages on both the iOS app and the Win and Mac clients I use, telling me to update my details or to contact Paypal, but no link anywhere, no additional information, and no way of just paying.

How can I just confirm everything is now sorted and they can take the money, or just make a manual payment to cover off outstanding fee?!

www.stephenpenny.com
www.techxpatspodcast.com
www.superhelsinki.com
4 Replies

Hi there! I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form.

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

What does it say under subscription status on your online overview?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

If you are still on Premium, then you don't need to do anything - Spotify will retry the payment shortly. If your account has dropped to Spotify free, follow the prompts on your online account t subscribe again.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

This is super annoying. I really would like to have an option "try to pay now and leave me alone". I had the very same issue. I emptied my account that is attached to PayPal but as soon as I get notification that the payment failed, i topped the account up, but I am constantly mocked about the losing premium account. Please spotify, sort it out

Hi there @Mateusz90,

Sorry to hear you're constantly getting reminders your subscription is about to expire although you've topped up your PayPal account. 

In order to fix this, we'd advise you to update(re-enter) your payment details.

Let us know if this does the trick!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts