Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription payment method bitcoin

Subscription payment method bitcoin

I would first like to start out and say how I love what spotify is. This last year has been the best music experience(in my life) eaisly in the last 20 years for cost/collection size. Before to have acsess to this size library would cost $10,000's+

Now, with that said, and because of how innovative Spotify has been, I'm pleading to add a Bitcoin subscription option, with things like bitpay there is no worry about what a bitcoin is worth, the merchant can have fiat, bitcoin, or a mix of fiat/bitcoin. Heck you could even have a credit card still attached to the account, and a terms of service saying that you reserve the right to charge the credit card if the bitcoin trasaction was not valid for whatever reason.

As someone who for the first time in 15 years is paying for music because I feel the value is there, and also someone who has gotten countless people to join premium via word of mouth. You need to keep appealing to this target market, keep riding this wave of leading the industry. There is a massive potential for you right now, and I'm not sure you're taking it seriously. 

Word of mouth is one of the most effective marketing tools out there you're obviously aware of this. The bitcoin community is quite loud, and very intrested in seeing it grow, with your help it can be a win win for both communities.

I hope some of the right people see this, either way thank you for your time, and thank you for such an amazing service.

Sean

10 Replies

sure why not, why not have more options? I can't imagine a technology like bitcoin being hard to implement either

You guys might be interested in the idea here. The more Kudos, the better.

seaenburg - Thank you for those kind words. Don't worry, the right people are aware of the BitCoin option. If we get any updates, we'll comment on that idea I posted above, just to keep everyone in the loop.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Sam,

I'm really glad to see that the idea has been addressed! Thank you for the info/acknowledgment! 🙂 

cmon spotify and accept bitcoins already there are a ton of people waiting for this, you will get new customers!

There really is no...downside, for them to accept it. +1 me as a customer if add it

I would really appreciate being able to pay for spotify with bitcoin. 

Guys, this idea thread is the ideal place to leave feedback. We then have the amount of Kudos and feedback in one place. It makes it a lot easier when passing on the info.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I'm a long time spotify user(Literally every day for *hours* while at work, plus mobile spotify while on trips), first time poster here.

I would love to have this feature.  Spotify, please make this happen?  You guys are groundbreaking in the music world.  Keep it up by accepting Bitcoin!

When it comes to certain things, like reddit gold, I think to myself "I might pay for that with Bitcoin, that'd be cool."  With spotify it is "I *would* pay for that with Bitcoin."

I just registered to try this service, because of OP's suggestion. 

I want this off my phone and not to pay any more

Suggested posts