Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription problem: Oops something went wrong!

Solved!

Subscription problem: Oops something went wrong!

I am a student trying to upgrade to premium and every time I try to, I get to the end where I confirm payment and then I get redirected to the first page where you submit name and college with an error at the top sayng "Oops! Something went wrong! Please try again or contact support". I have tried several times to no avail. My card is fine, college is verified but I get this error. Help please! Thanks!

~Zach

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ZachGR thanks for reaching out to us through the Community!

The first thing to try is using another browser or clearing your browser's cache. Then try those steps again. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ZachGR thanks for reaching out to us through the Community!

The first thing to try is using another browser or clearing your browser's cache. Then try those steps again. 

Worked!!! Thanks so much! The high quality music is so nice 🙂

Hi. I was having the same problem and did what was instructed here but it is still not working. I'm still getting that error message.

Hey @mrmabsi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

That's not cool! I'd love to help you out. What payment method are you using? Also, could you let me know the country your account is registered to?

Thanks, take care! 🙂

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi, I'm having this same issue and the browser solution did not work. I would appreciate some help. Thanks.

same problem here

Same. I tried to update my payment through the mobile app without success, then went on my laptop and kept getting errors. Cleared cache, new browser - no success. I ended up cancelling my subscription and then re-joining. Hulu was also a pain to set up, and now I have to do it again. Not good UX. If I wasn't studying computer science I probably couldn't figure out Spotify's quirks 😛 

Same thing keeps happening to me! Nothing is working, i have cleared the cache and tried a different browser. Both on my phone and laptop. please help!!

I’ve tried that a lot of times but the error is still there. Please fix this? I really want to upgrade from free to premium.

Suggested posts