Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Subscription

Solved!

Subscription

Hello,

I'm having trouble cancelling my subscription to Spotify...

For some reason when I enter my (correct) password and press Cancel, it's telling me it's incorrect.

I've verfied that the password I'm entering is absolutlely correct. I've had trouble with this in the past, trying to login to Spotify using FB.

Anyways, does anybody have any idea how to fix this? I can no longer justify spending the money, and I'm 4 days away from another payment.

Thanks for your time, -Ryan

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It seems I should have done more research before posting...

In case any of you are having the same problem, I logged out of Facebook, returned to Spotify and logged in using my Facebook credentials. I was then able to cancel the subscription. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks so much for this. I just spent 45 minutes trying to cancel my account and ran into the same thing. I was getting extremely frustrated but saw your post and logged out of facebook and then logged back in just like you said and it worked like a charm. Seems like a weird glitch that shouldn't happen or was designed to make it difficult to unsubscribe...which if true, is a horrible way to force people to keep paying. I love the service, but can't justify the constant payments when I barely use it on my phone, so I'm sticking with the free version on the computer only. This whole ordeal was frustrating enough to make me consider not using it at all. I guess I'm not paying anymore so they probably don't care about me anyway, but if I was someone just trying to change their payment method and ran into this problem, I'd be severely pissed about how difficult it was to do this. If anything, they should have your directions on that cancellation page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

It seems I should have done more research before posting...

In case any of you are having the same problem, I logged out of Facebook, returned to Spotify and logged in using my Facebook credentials. I was then able to cancel the subscription. 

Marked as solution

Thanks so much for this. I just spent 45 minutes trying to cancel my account and ran into the same thing. I was getting extremely frustrated but saw your post and logged out of facebook and then logged back in just like you said and it worked like a charm. Seems like a weird glitch that shouldn't happen or was designed to make it difficult to unsubscribe...which if true, is a horrible way to force people to keep paying. I love the service, but can't justify the constant payments when I barely use it on my phone, so I'm sticking with the free version on the computer only. This whole ordeal was frustrating enough to make me consider not using it at all. I guess I'm not paying anymore so they probably don't care about me anyway, but if I was someone just trying to change their payment method and ran into this problem, I'd be severely pissed about how difficult it was to do this. If anything, they should have your directions on that cancellation page.

Suggested posts