Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sudden change in the account/ poor costumer service

Sudden change in the account/ poor costumer service

the subscriptions suddenly changed from student discount account premium to a normal account in which i was charged £9.99 instead of the usual 4.99, when there is plenty of other stream services which are 4.99, a good example is apple music. which I'll be signing up to. and also the customer service here is quite poor, as i could not get in contact with anyone to help with the query. very poor service, during 21 century. 

3 Replies

Hey @claudiodacosta,

How long have you had the student discount?

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I've had the student account for about 11 months. it has changed automatically and although I can still confirm that I am still a student and continue to pay as a student, I've already been charged a different price and I couldn't get in touch with any costumer service. 

The student discount is active for 12 months from the moment you apply it to your account. This is so Spotify can check your eligibility each academic year. After that, your account will revert to the standard Premium rate.

Spotify has automatically sent you an email reminder when your discount was about to expire. If you’re still a student, you can reapply for an additional 12 months here: https://spotify.com/student
MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts