Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Android

Operating System

Ubuntu 18,04, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As said in the title, I've recently noted that when I go to my Albums page, I can see only the Albums for which I've saved all the songs, and not those for which I've saved only some of them. The same happens in the Artists page, where I can see only Artists which I've saved as preferred. The singles I've saved are still present in the  Songs page, however I preferred the navigation of songs through the Artists and Albums page.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @real_aretor.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've recently changed the way that saving music to Your Library works on Spotify. You can read up on all the changes in this Spotify Answer.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed Your Library was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

This is the June update. They made it so that the only way you can see albums is if you like the whole album. It's a really poor design choice because now there's no way to listen to only the songs you like from the album in the order that they would appear on the album. There's a long thread about why this update sucks and no one from Spotify even cares to respond anymore.

Marked as solution

Hey @real_aretor.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

We've recently changed the way that saving music to Your Library works on Spotify. You can read up on all the changes in this Spotify Answer.

We regularly run updates to improve your experience with the app. The refreshed Your Library was developed to help you manage and access your favorites faster. It’s the first version of this update and we’ll continue to build on it based on your feedback.

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Peter,

Does spotify have any plans to go back to the old UI or allow users to go back to the old UI? I often remember albums/tracks best by looking at the album art. There are some songs I love but instead of remembering the artist or tack name, I remember the album artwork. In the old UI I loved scrolling through the albums section because I could quickly see the album artwork of every album or single I had saved. Now I need to spend 5 to 10 times as long listening to track after track trying to find one of my saved songs. It's made creating playlists or finding a single track extreamly frustrating. 

I wouldn't mind the new UI, if I had an option to view album artwork in my 'songs' tab. I really hope the UI changes because spotify was my favorite streaming service and its become tedious to use now 😞

Suggested posts