Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly getting ads as a paying user

Suddenly getting ads as a paying user

I have a paid subscription in Germany (still on the old amount of 5 euro pm) and since a few days I've started getting ads when playing music. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Thanks,

Maarten

8 Replies

Hi Maarten,

I have the same problem. 5 euro plan and all of a sudden ads. Basically a paid "free" plan now.

I placed it in the Linux forum, most probably the wrong place.

Jan

Is your payment up to date? Is the app updated? If you could provide screenshot with post it would be helpful

Hi Jordan, thanks for your reply. I'm paying automatically and there have been no hiccups. I'm using the webplayer since I my (Linux) desktop app is often not starting up properly. So there is not much to show in a screenshot, it would just be the webplayer playing an ad.

Under the "Account Overview" does it say "Spotify Premium"?

No, it says Spotify Unlimited

Verbiage may be different depending on Region. Have you contacted support?

I had a chat with Spotify. It seems that they are closing down our Unlimited plan.

This was mentioned in the chat:

"Unfortunately, the subscription type is really old and is no longer being supported by Spotify that much as of now.

For when the subscription type will be fully closed, we don't have a definite time on when this will happen."

It seems that with the unlimited plan (5 euro pm) you can still get ads in the webplayer. So, I went back to using the deskopt app.

Suggested posts