Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

iPhone 5 and Macbook Pro 2015

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

Today I was suddenly logged out of Spotify on all my devices (a different account from which I am now posting). I tried all of my passwords but none of them work, so I am very confused. Sadly I also don't remember the password of the e-mail adress I used to create the account, because I created it several years ago and no longer use this e-mail. 

I have already filled out a support contact form, but I cannot be reached through the e-mail adress that is connected to the account (which you need to fill in).

Is there anything I can do to save my account? I was wondering if maybe the customer support could see if my password was recently changed or know why I was suddenly logged out, because that had never happened like that before. I know my Spotify username and which e-mail I used, but I don't seem to know any of the passwords.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @xj0jx thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

If you can I would keep in touch with Spotify support and take a look at this news article which could have happened to you. Spotify recently reset passwords on accounts that were assumed to be "unsecure", I would try to get in touch with support and if your paying for premium on the account, tell them the details of the payment method which will prove your ownership of the account.

Let me know,

Jack

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @xj0jx thanks for reaching out to the Spotify Community,

If you can I would keep in touch with Spotify support and take a look at this news article which could have happened to you. Spotify recently reset passwords on accounts that were assumed to be "unsecure", I would try to get in touch with support and if your paying for premium on the account, tell them the details of the payment method which will prove your ownership of the account.

Let me know,

Jack

I am having this same issue. How do I contact Support? How do I verify my payment information? This process is absolutely ridiculous, why is there no telephone support? I have never had an issue with Spotify and I cannot believe how difficult it is to have my password reset. I’ve paid for Premium for over 2 years. Please respond ASAP.

Thank you, I contacted Spotify and they helped me solve the problem fairly quickly. I think what happened is indeed that my password got changed by Spotify because of their security system. Thanks for you answer! I'm happy to have my account back again. 

I have as that problem. I recently upgraded premium account and I was suddenly logged out of my account. I tried all the way to access my account but I forgot my Username and my email has been  somone hacked. I need to get back my account or delete my account becaz I don’t want to pay premium every month if I can not access my Spotify account anymore. How the way able to help me . Pls contact me soon . Thanks a lot 

Hi Jack,

how do I get in touch with Spotify?

Charlotte

Suggested posts