Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggestion: Allow Subscriptions to be paid via notification, not automatically

Suggestion: Allow Subscriptions to be paid via notification, not automatically

Hi Spotify Community and Admins,

I am and have been an avid user of Spotify for the past several months. After the automatic charge today overdrafted my debit card, I am being forced to go on a spotify hiatus for a while due to the overdraft fee.

I'm not at all blaming Spotify subscription services for the overdraft (obviously that's my fault :p), but I would like to suggest an option to verify payment each month. So 3 days before the end of a subscription month, an email is sent to the user asking them to press a button that verifies they want to renew subscription. If they don't renew within those 3 days, the service is cut off until they respond to the email.

This way, people like me (e.g. college students whose bank account can fluctuate pretty heavily) can enjoy Spotify Premium with more peace of mind.

Thanks for listening 🙂 -Jesse

4 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Good Idea! Feel free to submit it to the Ideas section so Spotify are made aware of it.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

In many countries you can buy Spotify eCards which don't auto renew which means you are in control of when the payment is. 

Spotify eCards are available from: https://www.spotify.com/get-spotify/e-card/ (if available in your country)

They also sell in store gift cards in some countries, check out: https://www.spotify.com/gift-card/

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I had paíd spotify premiun The cut My off

@Anmotu78

Did you get an email receipt for your subscription purchase? In it, it shows your Spotify username

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Be sure to use it to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts