Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Support in infringement issue

Support in infringement issue

Hi,

I'm a developer and made an android app with Spotify integration, but unfortunately Google play removed my app because of infringements and asked me to contact your branding to ask about the reasons on infringements and they also said they will not bring my app back until Spotify allows it, but the big problem is that you branding didn’t answer me for more than a month now, I emailed many times to legal, branding, development and support but just support answered and they said they will answer me back but never heard from them again.

I also tweeted your development support and they also said they will bring your legal team attention to this issue but never hear back from them to.

This app is the results of months of hard works and I really want to solve the problems as soon as possible but first I need to know what was wrong with my doing.

Can you help me with this important issue?

Thanks.

7 Replies

Hello there, thanks for coming to the Community!

The channels you reached out to are the right channels. However, it can take longer to get a reply than it does when emailing Support. So don't worry, hopefully, you'll get a reply as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have further questions.
Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks Jose for your help.

Problem is it's been more than a month and I didn't get any replay from Branding or Legal, just support said to wait longer and I've been asking around from other developers with the same issue and they also verified that Spotify legal support takes a very long time or never.

Considering this and Google's condition to get an answer from Spotify to bring my app back, I am in a bad spot without letting me know why and knowing when it can be resolved.

I like Spotify service and for that reason, I didn't this integration to make my users happy and for that, I've done months of work on this, can you please at least let me know what was wrong so I can fix them or ask legal to give a rough estimation on when I can get an answer?

Hello @Okob! Thanks for your reply.

The best place for these questions is the Spotify for Developers page. It has all the information, documentation and requirements needed to integrate Spotify in an app.  When you scroll to the bottom, you can find the Support section. Note that before you try to get in touch again, you should make sure your app meets all tbe requirements that can be found on the website.

Hope this helps and let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Hello Jose and thanks for your kind support.

Yes, I did check that and did tweet and send emails many times but didn't get any answer so I thought maybe here I can get an answer.

We, developers, need your support if we are investing our time building products around your beloved service, right?

Thanks.

Hey, sorry to hear that!

Rest assured the teams behind this will handle requests as quickly as possible. In the meanwhile, make sure to check your Spam/Junk folders in case their reply gets redirected there by mistake.

Have a nice day 🙂
Jose_MSpotify Star

Thanks, Jose,

Unforthuanatyl there isn't an email from Spotify in JUnk/Smap folders.

Maybe you can contact them and ask them about this issue?

Hey @Okob!

I'm afraid it's not possible for me to chase this up with the team for you, as i'm a Spotify volunteer.

I'm sorry to hear however that you've still not heard back, after reaching out here, and here.
I'd recommend trying to contact another official Spotify Support channel one of these ways, as unfortunately this isn't something i'm able to help with publicly in the Community. 

Hopefully Support can then take a closer look backstage for you if you let them know all of these details.

All the best!

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts