Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Surprise with foreign transaction fee

Solved!

Surprise with foreign transaction fee

I have a Spotify Australia account but the credit card statement reads 

SPOTIFY STOCKHOLM CREDIT CARD PURCHASE and I have been charged a foriegn transaction fee.

I have now seen that this seems to be a rather common problem. What surprises me is that I was not made aware of this. Could you help rectify this, preferably with a refund of the excess amount. And let me know if I will continue to be charged from a STOCKHOLM account ???

42 Replies

Yes, through PayPal. But I'd think it's Spotify, when they set up as a PayPal merchant, they must be using a global merchant based in somewhere outside of Australia.

My PayPal statement says "Spotify Finance Limited". I'm also subscribed to Netflix and pay via PayPal, never had that issue, and the statement says "Netflix Australia Pty Ltd", so clearly indicating they're an Australia based merchant.

So do you think if you didn’t pay with Paypal, the issue would stop?
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

If you're still experiencing the original issue, make sure to check your card is enabled for foreign, secure online, and recurring purchases. You can contact your bank or credit company to check.

If you're experiencing a more general payment issue, make sure to check out this support article or the Subscription section in Spotify Answers, both of which contain some useful steps to help resolve the issue you're facing.

If you've tried all the above and you're still having trouble, make sure to create a new thread in the Subscriptions help board - someone from the Community will jump in as soon as possible to help you troubleshoot this.

Cheers!

Suggested posts