Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suspicious Activity (ongoing for half a year now)

Suspicious Activity (ongoing for half a year now)

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

(iPhone 6S, Macbook Pro 2013)

My Question or Issue

Hi! I have been experiencing suspicious activities for a while now. I've tried changing my passwords, logging out from all devices, but nothing worked.

What happens is that my account would follow/like songs that I completely never listen to. The playlists that I follow or created myself will get removed. Sometimes while I'm listening to a playlist, it will suddenly jump to a completely different playlist and play songs from there. It really feels like someone else is using my account.

I have never logged into any devices other than my own cell phone and laptop. Please help me with this. Thanks!

2 Replies

I am having same problem changed my password several times. But constantly i am getting email saying that my account is opened at china or some other country. If you find any fix please let me know. For now i am ignoring those emails.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community!

If you feel like someone is accessing your Spotify and you already clicked on SIGN OUT EVERYWHERE in your account page as well as reset your Spotify password, it'd be very useful to also reset the password for:

• The email address associated with your Spotify account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
  • Any service where you use the same password as Spotify
  • Any Facebook profile associated with your Spotify account

If your Spotify account is associated with a Facebook profile, you can also make sure you're the only one currently logged into your Facebook. To double-check this, go to your Facebook Settings, under Security and login > Where You’re Logged In.

When in your account page, also check the section Apps to see if there are any third-party apps listed you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

Also make sure to read this support page article as it features some useful info regarding how to keep your account safe.

Hope you'll find this useful. Feel free to reach out anytime if there's anything else we can help with!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts