Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Suspicious acitivy email

Solved!

Suspicious acitivy email

Plan

Free/

Country canada

I just got an email stating

Hi  To protect your Spotify account, we've reset your password due to detected suspicious activity.  You need to create a new password to log back in. Just click the big green button.

Email was from no-reply@spotify.com

I have no idea if it's legitimate or not. If it is I am mighty confused, I only ever use Spotify on my playstation 4 and am not signed in any where else. Come to think of it I haven't even used it for months(Spotify on the ps4 that is).

I also can't seem to find a recent logins page at all. The page listing offline devices shows nothing its empty.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jay21317 ,

If you're unsure if the email is legitimate, I'd recommend checking out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/suspicious-email/.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Jay21317 ,

If you're unsure if the email is legitimate, I'd recommend checking out this support article: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/privacy/suspicious-email/.

Thanks 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thank you, that's actually pretty much what I did when I got the email, I deleted it and  went to Spotify on my own and changed my password (don't even remember what it was, since it was created years ago just for the ps4),

I did forward the email like the article suggested.

Suggested posts