Free

Country

Italy

Device

Xiaomi mi9

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hi, some days ago I received an email that someone logged in my account from another country. The first thing that I did was log off from all devices and change the password with an unique one.

After few days it happened again from the same country so I decided to log off from all devices, remove the access from all the apps that there was associated, uninstall and re-installed the android app and the windows app and choose a unique and very difficult password. The problem is that yesterday after few hours it happened again from another country, how is it possible?

On the phone I have android stock (I also checked for virus) and the original app and on the computer I have win10 without virus.

Is it a problem of your servers?

Thank you and I hope you can help me

8 Replies

Hi there @Cariparma

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue within your account.

If you've taken all the protection steps provided here and here, i recommend you consider creating a new account.

A new account will provide a fresh clean start and will prevent this issue from happening again.

If you've decided to indeed create a new account, you can use this Spotify answer and learn how to transfer all your data safely.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if there's anything else i can do for you 🙂

Thank you very much for your answer.
Honestly I think this is not an actual solution because it can happen again. How is it possible that they found again my password? Since the previous message they connected from 3 other countries around the world..
If I were you I would be worried for your servers security.
Now I tried again to change the password and I didn't login from any device, if it happen again I will change account

Hi @Cariparma,

thanks for your reply !

Spotify, like any other online service, does everything within its power to maintain a solid and secure service for its customers.

You can also read all about it on this official information page.

However, if you've experienced this issue more the once and taking the action of password changing did not seem to help, i strongly recommend you consider creating a new account.

It would not only provide you with a fresh clean start, in some cases the ones gained access to an account might try and delete its content in order to have it clean for themselves.

I would love answering any further questions you might have:)

I just read that you're not a Spotify employee, thank you very much for your help @OneByBoo.
This nigth it happened again and I wasn't logged in any device, I used only my smartphone's browser to change the password and disconnect from all the devices, it's crazy.
Now I'm going to create a new account even if it bothers me

Thank you again and have a good day

Hi @Cariparma,

thanks for keeping me posted !

I'm sure the process will go smoothly and don't forget to follow the instructions given here to transfer all your data safely.

I'm always around.

Let me know if you need any further help 🙂

Hey there @Cariparma!

Thanks for flagging this on our Community!

The steps that @OneByBoo has suggested so far are a good way to make sure your account is secure.

We're sending these emails so that you can check for any irregularities on your account and it doesn't necessarily mean that someone has gained access to your account.

If you notice anything unusual happening on your account, feel free to follow the steps linked in the email.

It's also a good idea to check if all the emails you're receiving are from Spotify. To do that just be sure to follow the steps on this page.

We hope this info helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Take care!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Elena,
I confirm you that the emails that I'm receiving are from the Spotify (from no_reply@spotify.com).

Sorry if I didn't understand but what are the possible irregularities? Because in the email there is written that someone in another country logged in my account.

However yes, something unusal happened in my account because they added new songs to my playlists and I followed every time the steps mentioned in the email

Thank you for your help!

Thanks for the additional info @Cariparma!

Irregular activities would be considered the signs listed here.

You mentioned that you have noticed similar behavior even after having followed the advice in the email.

In that case, we suggest that you change the password of the email address associated with your account (e.g. with Gmail, Hotmail, etc.).

We also advise you take the time to run a security check on your computer to make sure no viruses or malicious software have been installed.

I see you confirmed that you've done all of that, and the suspicions activities continues, so we recommend creating a new account using a new email and password.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts