Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch country from AT to CH did not work (still using Austrian Credit Card)

Switch country from AT to CH did not work (still using Austrian Credit Card)

Hi - I followed the instructions on 

https://support.spotify.com/ch-de/learn-more/faq/?ref=in_top#!/article/how-can-i-change-my-country-s...

to change the country from AT to CH (I moved from Austria to Switzerland and pay with an Austrian Credit Card)

Then I waited one month (!!) and hoped to see some effect, because changing the land in the settings and reloading did not show any effect. 

Now I have payed my Family Abo, but my wife has still no access becase of the Country settings. 

Please help or change my country settings... I tried so many times and now I am quite tired of it....

thx

3 Replies

The same here.

I was in France when I created the account.

Now residing in Spain. Family account.

One of my daughter lives in France,she can use the spotify family.

the another one and my wife are with me in Spainand can't use Family.

any help ?

@Pappatschi

To update your country, it's better to delete your payment info and cancel your subscription altogether. You will still be Premium until the remaining days of your subscription are used up.

What I'm suggesting you to do is this:

1. Go to your Subscription and payment overview --> http://spotify.com/account/subscription/

2. Click UPDATE DETAILS. If it shows below 'Would you like to cancel your subscription?' click there and cancel.

3. Check the box to 'Remove', and click 'Change' button,

Note: If you have your Premium active you won't be able to remove your payment info. That's why it's important to cancel before clicking UPDATE DETAILS.

After you've cancelled and removed your payment info, change your country in profile, and resubscribe to Family Premium with the new card info to ensure that your offline music won't be deleted and that your subscription will renew correctly when it's time.

Remember that your payment card country must match your country in profile, and the country of your IP address.

And for the Family Plan, all members must reside at the same physical address as your Family Admin (the one who pays).

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@bernardjaa

Please read my previous post on how to change your country in your account from France to Spain, but be aware that you won't be able to invite your daughter in France to the plan, since all members must reside at the same physical address as you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts