Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switch to Student Discount

Switch to Student Discount

Hello, I have a $10 Spotify Premium subscription right now, but I'd like to switch to a Student subscription.  I went to https://www.spotify.com/us/student/.  When I clicked "Get Premium", it took me to https://www.spotify.com/us/account/subscription/.  How do I sign up for the discount!

Thanks for the help!

227 Replies

Why I'm not getting thirty days trail free and still getting commercials I put my bank information 3 times

I have tried following the steps to get to the Student Plan, it takes me to the "Family Subscription" instead? I would like to action this ASAP or I will be taking my music needs back to Apple Music.

Hi

Hey @koolangel,

Did you get an email receipt from Spotify for your subscription purchase?

In it, it shows the Spotify username you paid for:

Username/ID:        xxxxxxx

Logout of the app, and be sure to use it, instead of your email address, to login to your account. It's the one with the Premium features.

If you didn't get any email receipt, sometimes the amount gets 'on hold' even if the charge doesn't go through. Normally the amount gets back to your bank account a day or two later.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @HGR123,

Are you in the US?

Try using this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when you log back in your Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for your upcoming renewal date.

osorniosSpotify Star

thanks man...

No I'm not US I am Australia, will that site still work?

I saw that it charged me 10 dollars so I resigned up for my student discount about 2 months ago. They are still charging me 10. I'm pissed and they need to fix it.

They charged my credit card yesterday when switching to student discount for premium how can I get a credit so I won't have to pay again if my premium isn't coming up

Says I'm still on the regular Spotify with commercials

I signed up for the student discount and it said they approved my information. Yet I'm being charged over $10. What is going on?

I'm eligible for student discount? I'm from Italy

I was trying to switch to the student discount but my school wasn't found in go to Sallisaw Indian capital technology center for welding. I have no idea what to do now

hey Matt!  My daughter is a college student who loves her Spotify! I want to buy her Spotify Premium for her birthday this week.... but I also want to get the student discount... how would I do that? 

Hello @timlmartin,

As a gift, you could buy a giftcard for her to use in her account, but it will be at the regular price.

To get the student discount, the user (your daughter) needs to use this site to validate.

If it succeeds, when she logs back in her Spotify account, and look under the subscription tab the price will change to $4.99 for her upcoming renewal date.

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

Wow..,? Nice..!!!

I also had that same problem! I could not switch over from my 10/ month to the student discount. I had to not pay my bill to reactivate my account just to get the discount. I did not know what else to do, and could not figure out how to get the discount since it is not easy to find. I did tons of searching, but came out empty handed every time. My solution? Not pay my bill, let the service lapse, then go on the website and buy the service. For new people, student discount is right on the main Spotify home page. For existing users, it is near impossible to find the actual page to get the discount.   

Thank you!  Worked great!

Yes i am in the usa and have already completed that verification i even had the atudent discount. Now its 10 somthing and i keep hetting that same charge. My wifea was fixed easily but it seems not so much for my account.

Suggested posts