Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switched accounts, tried deleting facebook and old account - old account still visible

Switched accounts, tried deleting facebook and old account - old account still visible

Plan

Premium

Country

-

Device

not of importance

Operating System

not of importance

My Question or Issue:

I wanted to delete my facebook account, while also switching from my spotify account connected to facebook to my older account without a facebook connection. I tried deleting my Spotify account before deleting my facebook account. Successfully deleted my facebook profile and believed the Spotify account to have been deleted too.

I never got the email confirming that my old account has been deleted and now, over a month later, my old account is still visible. It's name has changed to a string of numbers, the deleted picture is still up and I can't access it.

Is there any way this account can be deleted?

3 Replies

Hey @hsl-114t_4a1j, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

You seem to just have closed the Facebook account but not the Spotify account.

To do so just follow the steps below:

Note: It’s only possible to close an account if it’s on our free, ad-supported service. If you have Premium, you first need to cancel.

1. Log in to close your account here.
    Note: Be sure to cancel any subscriptions first.
  2. Select Account.
  3. Select I want to close my Spotify account permanently.
  4. Continue through the steps.

You can read more abut it in this FAQ.

Hope it helps 🙂

Hello,

thank you for your answer! I have tried this method before, but I can not log into the account anymore. Is there any way of contacting spotify directly and send photoproof over?

Kind regards

Hey @hsl-114t_4a1j,

Sorry that it didn't work.

To contact support, please fill out the anonymous contact form. If, for whatever reason you would prefer not to, or you cannot use the form, support can also be reached on twitter by reaching out to @SpotifyCares, or on Facebook by sending a message to the Spotify Cares Facebook page.
Please be aware that responses may take anywhere from 24-48 hours depending on the volume of tickets they are currently handling.

Suggested posts