Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching Premium to a Student Discount

Solved!

Switching Premium to a Student Discount

Hello, I've had Premium for a while on and off, and I'm currently subscribed to Premium, but I'm not sure my student discount has been applied to the payment which will happen in a few days time. I went to my subscription page and it still says the fee will be $9.99 +$0.70 tax, even though I have been verified as a student and followed the link sent to my email. Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Annoyingly, it doesn't appear that the Spotify payment system will allow US customers to adjust the price of an existing recurring subscription to apply the student discount. 

To get your discount, all you need to do is cancel your current subscription following the steps over on this help page then re-subscribe using your student discount link. No need to worry, you will still get all of the Premium days you have paid for doing this, you can cancel and resubscribe right away and you won't be billed until your next renewal date. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

I also recieved an EMail just now after completing my Student Verifaction from SheerID. It said they have sucessfully confirmed my status and that I could follow the link to view my offer. Upon following the link it just took my straight to My Account page and didn't provide me with a page like the FAQ shows in Step #8. My Account page also does not reflect that my next billing will be at the Student Discounted price.

I also see no way to directly contact Spotify so this is the best I saw.

Marked as solution

Annoyingly, it doesn't appear that the Spotify payment system will allow US customers to adjust the price of an existing recurring subscription to apply the student discount. 

To get your discount, all you need to do is cancel your current subscription following the steps over on this help page then re-subscribe using your student discount link. No need to worry, you will still get all of the Premium days you have paid for doing this, you can cancel and resubscribe right away and you won't be billed until your next renewal date. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts