Plan

Free/Premium

Country (???)

Device

iphone

Operating System

iOS

My Question or Issue

My country is set to spain because that is where I created the account and I am living in the US but it will not allow me to access my account now due to the abroad daily limit on free accounts. I have tried to switch my country in settings and it will not allow me to do so. Can anyone help me with this?

2 Replies

Hello @mtangredi! Thanks for reaching out.

Can you try this process using another browser or Incognito Mode? It might also be worth trying another device or a different internet connection. If you have a Premium subscription, you need to pay with a payment method that matches the country you're currently in. I'd also recommend checking out this Support article for more info.

Let me know how you get on!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello - I do hope this will enlighten a bit..  It appears that it should not really be a problem but it will take time.  Under Spotify Privacy Center (native to each Spotify account in iOS app), clause no. 9 states:

9. Transfer to other countries

Spotify shares your personal data globally with other companies in the Spotify Group.   Spotify may also subcontract processing to, or share your personal data with, third parties located in countries other than your home country. Your personal data may therefore be subject to privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence.

Personal data collected within the European Union (“EU”) and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the EU and Switzerland. In such instances Spotify shall ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and in particular that appropriate contractual, technical, and organizational measures are in place such as the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the EU Commission.

Personally, I experienced the same when I briefly worked in Accra, Ghana (West Africa) last year and I found out that Spotify was not yet there.  I also had to endure non access due to limitations similar to what you encountered.

Suggested posts