Premium

Country 

Australia

Device

iPhone 11 pro max/Macbook pro 2018

Operating System

iOS 13.4.1

My Question or Issue

Hi all, I had a terrible issue with apple music - I switched from the US to AUS app store and updated my credit card and all my music is gone for the last three years. !!!absolutely!!! devastated. Had multiple attempts to fix the issue, no luck. Contacted three different apple agents and they all told me "that a normal thing for apple, we are terribly sorry, just download it again" the **bleep** you mean????? and we are talking 500+ songs in 10+ playlists all downloaded offline and lined up. And the thing is I spent years gathering all my songs and classifying them according to special events, playlists, etc, and all gone in a matter of seconds. Apple Music is dead to me, my very, very, very important Q: if I use Spotify Student Premium, and switch app store/country/payment method would I lose all my music, or all is backed up, or how does it work? Also, how does it work with syncing between my mac and my iphone? Thank you so much!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @MXManev and thanks for posting! 🙂 I will do my best to answer your questions.

It sounds like you might be looking to subscribe to Spotify for Students and you can read all about how the plan works here. It also gives some explanation on studying abroad/country/and payment settings. As long as you keep the same account that you registered with, all of your music should still be saved (playlists, liked songs etc) even if you change the subscription level. And as long as you sign into the same account on your Mac and iPhone, the library sync should be seamless. You can even use your phone or computer as a remote with the Spotify Connect feature. I hope you found all this information useful and feel free to reach out if you have additional questions.

Have a wonderful day! 😄

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @MXManev and thanks for posting! 🙂 I will do my best to answer your questions.

It sounds like you might be looking to subscribe to Spotify for Students and you can read all about how the plan works here. It also gives some explanation on studying abroad/country/and payment settings. As long as you keep the same account that you registered with, all of your music should still be saved (playlists, liked songs etc) even if you change the subscription level. And as long as you sign into the same account on your Mac and iPhone, the library sync should be seamless. You can even use your phone or computer as a remote with the Spotify Connect feature. I hope you found all this information useful and feel free to reach out if you have additional questions.

Have a wonderful day! 😄

Thank you! ABSOLUTELY love Spotify so far!!!! Wish I started using it earlier!!!

Hi again @MXManev ! 🙂
That's fantastic to hear! I'm really happy everything has been working out for you. Please feel free to reach out any time in the Community and enjoy your music/day! 

Suggested posts