Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching from Premium to Student Discount unsuccessful

Switching from Premium to Student Discount unsuccessful

Hi,

a few weeks ago, I registered for the student discount (50%) via unidays. Today, I realized, that Spotify charged me the full premium price (9,99 Euros) via PayPal and cancelled my subscription immediately. I ordered/registered for the student discount a second time. Though my account now shows that discount, PayPal charged me another 1 cent as if I where a completely new customer. As I registered for the discount as described and early enough, I'd like to get a refund of the recently paid full price. Can someone help me?

Thank you!

1 Reply

Hi, @alex-brueck!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

In this case, if you're eligible for the student discount, y​our account will switch over to the discounted rate on your next due payment date after you've applied for it. You can check your subscription status here.

Also, after signing up for a Spotify trial or Premium subscription, you may see a small charge ($.01 or similar) on your bank statement. This is just an authorization charge to confirm the payment method is valid. It’s usually shown as a pending charge on your bank statement, but transactions can also appear as refunds. Some banks may delete them from the account entirely before you’ve even seen it.

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Suggested posts