Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching subscriptions from $10.00 premium to $5.00 student rate

Switching subscriptions from $10.00 premium to $5.00 student rate

I have been using spotify's free-trial for almost a month now, and the free part of it is just about to end. 

I know that after the free trial is over, I will be charged $10.00 per month, like a usual spotify premium account.

However, I have recently enrolled in a university, and I am eligible for the $5.00 student rate. I would like to take advantage of this, but I don't know how to switch to the student option. Could anybody help me out with the switch?

Thank you for your time and help.

8 Replies

Just got to:
https://www.spotify.com/student/

Then log in with your existing Spotify account and the discount will be applied to your first premium payment.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks so much for help. Unfortunately, I have only just been enrolled into  college about a week ago, so I do not have any of the documents that it asks for to verify. However, I have sent in a request for more assistance.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction!

I am having problems switching from my existing premium account to the student discount. I have gone to the spotify page multiple times that says get premium (with student discount) but instead of finding out if I'm a student it just shoots me to the subscription page. 

Have you followed all the steps in the FAQ @helen_ono ?

Yes, it sends me to the subscription page when I click "get premium"

Sounds strange. You definitely have a US spotify account with a US payment method? If so, get in touch with the account team here and they'll help. If you get an automated response directing you back to the community or to the help pages, please reply to it to speed things along.

Same thing happend to me...

Annoyingly, it doesn't appear that the Spotify payment system will allow some US customers to adjust the price of an existing recurring subscription to apply the student discount. 

To get your discount, all you need to do is cancel your current subscription following the steps over on this help page then re-subscribe using your student discount link. No need to worry, you will still get all of the Premium days you have paid for doing this, you can cancel and resubscribe right away and you won't be billed until your next renewal date. 

If you are still having issues, get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you further with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts