Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching to student discount -- very annoyed

Switching to student discount -- very annoyed

I have been trying all day to switch from my premium (which I got the 3 months for 99 cents) and now I want to switch to a student account. I have tried many things unsuccessfully and am getting very frustrated. This should be an easy process and there is no phone number to contact customer service. I have contacted the "customer service" through the "form" and I have not received a response all day. I also wanted to try to delete my account and sign up with a student one, but of course I can't delete my account either without going through "customer service." 

I think this is one of the worst companies I have ever had to deal with. What kind of major company does not have a customer service phone number? I am incredibly frustrated, and Spotify will lose customers if this is what people have to go through. 

The problem I am encountering is first off, I cannot even get to the verification page through the link spotify provides in the instructions. I click log in with facebook and it takes me directly to my account. When I go through a round about way, I can verify, I get a congratulations page, and a click here to get the discount link, and again it takes me right to my account. I do not get any page that gives me the $5 discount. 

Does anyone know how to help me? The "customer service" has been less than helpful. 

4 Replies

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you don't get a reply from support soon, let me know and I'll see if I can get them to reply to you. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i have this same problem and i did the same thing and there were no results. If someone could provide a viable solution other than saying customer support will contact me, that woul be great.

Hey there @ccorley97, welcome to the community!

What's the error message you are receiving? Is it just a redirect? Which country are you located in?

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi,

I go the same problem- it now wants me to pay with credit card but i used paypal as I don't have one...  because I'm a student and I can't afford one (ha).

Any help would be appreciated.

Suggested posts