Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching to tracks I have never played...

Switching to tracks I have never played...

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Samsung s8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I am listening to a podcast and all of sudden spotify starts to play a track of an artist I have never listen to before and I am sure wasn't in any recommended list. I thought I have done something by mistake that changed to this track. I go back to the podcast and start listening again. Same thing happens again after only a minute or two, another song by an artist I have never heard of starts playing. Now I am getting a little worried that my account has been hacked. I quickly go to my account, use the "log off all devices" function, change the password. Any idea of what might have happened? In Recently played there is a Playlist Radio showing that I have never picked to listen to. When I try the RMB option "Go to Playlist Radio" I end up on a page that says "This radio station cannot be started". Attaching a picture from Recently Played if that could help in any way.

spotify_radio_station.jpg
3 Replies

Hi @Henrik_D,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

If you notice suspicious activity on your Spotify account, I highly recommend following all the steps provided in this support article to secure your account.

I also highly recommend reading this support article regarding measures you can take to protect your Spotify account.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks.
I got this is an email from spotify later:
"we've reset your password due to detected suspicious activity."
Do you know if Spotify logs devices or ip no of log ons to my account? Spotify does not inform me about "a new device just logged on to your account" like some other services does.

Hi @Henrik_D,

Thank you for your reply!

If you're not receiving emails from Spotify about unknown log-ins on your account, you've most likely marked some messages from Spotify as spam or have turned off email notifications on your account page.

For more information on how you can keep your account safe, feel free to check out this support article.

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts