Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sync played music on all devices

Sync played music on all devices

Device

Nvidia shield 2017, windows 10 laptop. s9 plus android phone

My Question or Issue

Hello,

So whenever i open up the spotify app on any of the above devices. none of my recently played songs or playlists etc show up on the other devices which is extremely annoying especially if i just want to switch devices.

I understand this "sync" only happens if your using the spotify app on all the devices at the same time but this is not a good solution.

Songs and such should be synced across all devices and not dependent on each other but just dependent on the spotify account data.

9 Replies

Hey there @11123349791,

Thank you for your post here in the community.

If the devices are connected to the same internet connection they should be synced. 

Can you confirm if you use the same internet connection on the devices?

It would also be great if you can let us know which versions of the apps you have?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello,

I've got the latest version for android tv on my shield. and the latest for windows desktop app and android phone.

also on the same wifi network.

Hey there again @11123349791,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know the specific versions you have?

Also - can you try with another internet connection - for example a hotspot form one of your phones?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

on windows 10 desktop app its :

1.1.44.538.g8057de92

on my android phone its: 8.5.82.894

and on my nvidia shield is in the screenshot...its a really long number.

spot desktop.JPG
Screenshot_20201030-135356_Spotify.jpg
Spotify_20201030_135033.png

so i played some lil jon on my phone. and it shows up under recently played on my desktop app but on the android tv app it hasnt yet updated.

Hey @11123349791,

Happy to hear that it worked out fine with the syncing between your phone and desktop app 🙂

Can you close Spotify and then reopen it on your Android TV app to see if it's updated?

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

I can close and reopen the app on my shield but it only ever shows recently played on the shield and not from my other devices

Hey again @11123349791,

Thank you for your confirmation.

We're aware of some hiccups with the Recently played function and we're working on improving it.

We're currently focusing on mobile and desktop developments, so we can't say if or when this can be rolled out to apps on other types of devices

Always keep you app updated to ensure you'll receive the latest fixes and improvements

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

So because I uploaded to Spotify on my Macbook, I can only listen to on my iPhone or iPad if the Mac is on and Spotify is open to “sync” these songs on the other devices which means, NO I cannot listen to this uploaded music on my iPhone or iPad when I’m out of the house, away from the Mac … which is ridiculous,

Suggested posts