Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synch favorites between devices does not work

Synch favorites between devices does not work

I have a premium account since a couple of days. I want to use Spotify on three different devices: 

- Desktop (Windows 10)

- iPad 5 and iPhone 8 (iOS 13.4.1)

Issue: If I modify (add / change / delete) my list of favorite songs (Lieblingssongs) I can't see the changes on the other devices. The same happens, if I change the content of a playlist on any of the above mentioned devices. 

What I've tried so far - none has worked so far:

- Logging in and out on all devices in various sequences. 

- start / restart of the Apps

- start / restart of the device

- ensured that 'offline modus' is not active

Interessingly enough he shows me though, what I've listened to previously on the other device; so there seems to be one sort of synchronization working. 

I am thankful for any assistance. Please indicate on which device I should take which measure, as the menus are a bit different everywhere. 

3 Replies

Hi @cels1,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

This seems like a synchronization issue. We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app on all your devices, by following the device specific steps from this Spotify Answer.

This will assure that all the app cache is cleared, which can sometimes cause such issues.

If that doesn't help, let us know if you can see changes to your Liked Songs in real time when using one device and the Web player.

Keep us posted 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex, yes, the re-install helped. 

I do hope now, that this solution sustains, so that I don't have to do a clear delete / install of the App's on all devices everytime I do a change... 

Hey there @cels1,

Fantastic news! Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts