Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Syncing issues.

Solved!

Syncing issues.

Needed Backstory: Recently I was having trouble with duplicate songs appearing in my library and playlists - I checked my offline devices and found that my 1 Iphone had filled all 5 of the offline spaces (I only use my iphone in offline mode). I deleted all but the most recent updated version and this caused my problems...

This action deleted all my downloaded songs and removed well over half of my once 2750 songs in the liked songs playlist along with many of my albums.  (but it did fix the duplicate songs so there's that...)  

The latest version was not the version I should have kept I'm guessing and didn't store all the data. Wether it was seperated between the 5 accounts or just one was needed I do not know.

I managed to resync songs in other playlists through the online playlist backup but have been unable to backup my liked songs or albums. Luckily they still all remain in both my computer and ipad's programs - under the same account. (Neither are the most recent version of spotify and I am afraid to update them now.) 

Questions: How can I restore the full set of liked songs, albums and sync my computer's song log with my iphone's?

Is there a way to quickly download my library of near 6500 songs back to my iphone's offline mode rather than going through each playlist, album and song individually? - not all are saved on a centeral album.

How do I prevent this from happening again and ensure my iphone only takes 1 offline device rather than all 5 slots? (I have had some minor issues with lost songs in the past  due to this but nothing of this scale)

Plan: Premium

Devices: Iphone 6 / Macbook Air / (ipad)

Operating Systems

iOS 12.4 macOS

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks, this helps confirm my theory is true but doesn't solve the problem. Spotify really should have some way to prevent adding devices or have in place an alert like the one you mentioned doesn't exist. 

I guess I can bear with the double songs if they appear but will have to check how many offline devices I have more regularly and carefuly delete them as they appear more than once per device for me. - If these get to 6 devices this would and has caused my major problems. 

Problem solved adequately but not perfectly. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi,

What do you mean with 5 spaces and slots?

Regards,

René

Under Menu- Account - Offline devices my 1 device and song bank of an iphone was listed as 5 seperate devices - filling up the allowed slot capacity of 5 offline devices. I recognise this as not how the system should work and think this was causing my issues. If anyone knew why this 1 device was duplicated to fill the 5 this would solve the root of my problem.

This 1 device slot was duplicated 5 times - each with different last updated dates.This 1 device slot was duplicated 5 times - each with different last updated dates.

(I have sinced solved questions 1 and 2 in my original post by logging out and simply brute forcing the near 30GB of songs and many mouse clicks (some songs were lost but meh), but the answer of 3 - why these devices duplicated in the first place I do not know.)

Ok,

I understand now what you mean with the slots.

What's not clear to me is that you have multiple devices, like tablet and desktop, that means you used more than 5 slots according to spotify? So 5 times iPhone and tablet and desktop?

If you go to the web player you will know what your library looks like in the spotify cloud, so no offline content will be shown. Does this look ok?

Regards,

René

"I have sinced solved questions 1 and 2 in my original post by logging out" on all accounts and relogging - accessing the spotify cloud versions.

"I only use my iphone in offline mode" - neither my ipad or macbook have any songs saved in offline mode, only my 1 iphone device has offline songs and the offline device number seems to change and increase over time (I have seen it at 3 before and at 5 but don't check often) -

When this tries to write a 6th accunt I feel problems arise as the slot limit is reached at 5 therefore spotify logs me out and overwrites the saved songs when this happens.

More generally there is an issue of duplicate songs in playlists and when searching - the identical song can appear 4 or 5 times one after another in a playlist. 

Hi,

See this post.

https://support.spotify.com/article/listen-offline-troubleshooting/

If you would at a 6th device, the oldest will be removed automatically. So you won't got a message like: no slots available.

Regards,

René

Marked as solution

Thanks, this helps confirm my theory is true but doesn't solve the problem. Spotify really should have some way to prevent adding devices or have in place an alert like the one you mentioned doesn't exist. 

I guess I can bear with the double songs if they appear but will have to check how many offline devices I have more regularly and carefuly delete them as they appear more than once per device for me. - If these get to 6 devices this would and has caused my major problems. 

Problem solved adequately but not perfectly. 

Suggested posts