Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

TOOK MY MONEY BUT DID NOT UPGRADE

Solved!

TOOK MY MONEY BUT DID NOT UPGRADE

I WAS TRYING TO UPGRADE MY ACCOUNT TO A STUDEN PREMIUM ACCOUNT SO I ENTERED IN MY CREDIT CARD INFORMATON WHICH I DO NOT SAVE INTO THE SITE THEN I HAD TO ENTER IN MY STUDENT INFORMATION ONLY TO FIND OUT STUPID SPOTIFY DOES NOT DO VERIFICATION BY COLLEGE EMAIL BUT SOME OTHER CRAPPY WAY! MY COLLEGE WAS NOT LISTED AND IT IS THE SUMMER SO I DO NOT HAVE INFORMATION TO USE TO VERIFY I AM A COLLEGE STUDENT NOR DOES MY COLLEGE ID HAVE A DATE ON IT. SO DO TO THIS I DID NOT FINISH MY SIGN UP BUT SPOTIFY STILL TOOK MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT! SINCE I DID NOT GET  A RECIEPT OR CONFIRMATION CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TELLING ME THEY DID NOT TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT. THIS IS NOT TRUE! AND FOR THEM TO SAY THEY DID NOT TAKE MY MONEY IS DISGUSTING. THE PROOF IS MY BANK STATEMENT!!!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T SEND ME A RECIEPT DOES NOT MEAN YOU DID NOT TAKE MONEY FROM ME IN THE FIRST PLACE. THEN THEY ARE BLAMING ME SAYING I MUST HAVE ANOTHER ACCOUNT! NO I DO NOT! I SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK ONLY. IF I DO NOT GET MY MONEY BACK I WILL BE EXTREMELY PISSED OFF. YOU WOULD THINK THE LEAST THEY WOULD DO IS BE LIKE WELL IF YOU PAID LET US UPGRADE YOU. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This happened to me too. I had 3 different accounts, one connected to my primary email, one my brother uses, and one connected to my Facebook, and I couldn't remember which one I used for the Student Discount. I was charged twice because I tried 2 different emails. I'd just like my money back, please!

View solution in original post

44 Replies

Sorry for the trouble. I'll pass your post on to get this looked into.

If you have a case number from suoport, please post it here.
MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi @sdg005 I'm sure we can sort out what's happened here. What date was the charge for how much? You don't have a recent charge on the account you're contacting us with. 

This means you might have a second account with us. Please respond to that case you have open with us listing all email addresses you may have registered an account with. I'm sure our team can continue helping from there, thanks!

The same exact thing just happened to me. This is **bleep**ing bull**bleep**. I'm not gonna let this fly. I don't give a **bleep** if it's just $5 that's my money that I work hard for and I expect premium spotify especially if they're gonna charge me?.... Wtf kind of company are you guys running?

Hey! I signed up for student. When I was going to do my school information something happened and I could not finish it. I woke up this morning and I was stilled billed but I can't find out how to contiune my sigh-up without being billed twice. 

Same thing happened to me just now. Was doing my school info and it force closed. Now I have a charge on my bank account but no PREMIUM. Please help!!!

Yeah same with me...

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!! IM SO MAD!!! THEY TOOK $5.33 OUT OF MY ACCOUNT 6 TIMES AND IT STILL SAYS NO PREMUIM!!!!!!

Honestly **bleep** spotify

this just happened to me as well...  I am one of the biggest supporters of this service, as well as an artist, and this is disheartening. Please resolve like yesterday or i will be willing to sue... yes for **bleep**ing $15

SAME THING HAPPEN TO ME AN HOUR AGO!!!!! IM REALLY STRESSED OUT!!!!!

Just today the same thing happened to me. I dont know how to verify, but they took 5 dollars out of my account 3 times, and the worst part is...I STILL DONT HAVE PREMIUM!!!

I found my school on the list you guys provide for student discount. but a error code came up and said something like you cant find me registered for that institution.

This same thing happened to me! I entered my info and on the next page found that my school, even though it was listed, would not go through. After this I go to my online bank statement to find that they charged me for $5.39 and I have no premium. This is a rip off!! I have tried to contact spotify but I have not got anything helpful back. 

I am in the same boat as you! I entered in my card information to get the student discount but then when going to do the  troublesome verification it told me that they couldn't verify my information. Thankfully I was able to get that problem taken care of with a rep from SheerID who was very helpful. I have already paid $4.99 twice for this service which honestly isn't worth the hassle. After recieving the notice that my verification was successful your system wants me to enter in my card information AGAIN. I am not entering in my information any more since I will continue to be charged. Please just give me a refund and activate my service. This whole situation is very frustrating and quite frankly it has really pissed me off that I can't even talk to a real person but have to resort to emailing or even writing on the community forum which is a little ridiculous.

I am in the same boat as you! I entered in my card information to get the student discount but then when going to do the  troublesome verification it told me that they couldn't verify my information. Thankfully I was able to get that problem taken care of with a rep from SheerID who was very helpful. I have already paid $4.99 twice for this service which honestly isn't worth the hassle. After recieving the notice that my verification was successful your system wants me to enter in my card information AGAIN. I am not entering in my information any more since I will continue to be charged. Please just give me a refund and activate my service. This whole situation is very frustrating and quite frankly it has really pissed me off that I can't even talk to a real person but have to resort to emailing or even writing on the community forum which is a little ridiculous.

It just charged my account as well and i dont know how to get my money back

They took $10 out of my bank account.. And I'm still not premium.. This is BS! **bleep** Spotify!!

They did the same to me. Spotify upgrade me or give me my money back.

I signed up for student yesterday 07/01/16 was charged TWICE and I still don't have my upgrade. Your reinstalling trick didn't work. Your app update didn't work and no I don't have another account. If I'm paying you I expect my product. I expect my money back or my service, period. Fix it

Suggested posts