TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!

TURN VIDEOS OFF?

ave18

How do I turn off these darn videos??? They are eating up my data plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Chris
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @ave18,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community!

Right now there's no option to remove videos from playlists, but you can still create your own playlists that include just songs!

You can show our devs that adding the option to disabled videos is something to look into, by adding your vote to the idea here

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

150 Replies

PLEASE turn off videos!!!! Or an option to turn off videos. WE have a  premium family acccount of five people, three of who are children. I find some of the videos inappropiate for their viewing. 

fraktalisman
Gig Goer

@ Spotify Devs: please reopen this issue, which seems to have erroneously been marked as being solved while no fix has been deployed yet.

I (as a paying customer) hereby support this feature request. Please provide an option to disable any video playback in spotify (without disabling anyhting else). The video playback is undesired, distracting, annyoing, a waste of bandwidth and makes it hard to use the actual UI for playback and navigation.

batratien

What the duck is this. 

Why do I see gifs in the background of the songs, gifs that were downloaded using y dataplan? 

Can you remove this piece**bleep** feature. 

Who ever thought to add this should be fired. 

Kanegasi
Music Fan

To everyone following this, they added an option to turn these off back in January.

Tap "Your Library" on the bottom right, tap the gear on the top right, tap "Playback", scroll down and turn off "Canvas".

Moz65
Casual Listener

"Canvas"? Doesnt exist on my account...

Satisfaction

What an annoying "feature", this is unacceptable.

EasyCheese1337

When will this be fixed? I want to listen to music. In addition this "feature" disables me to dislike songs...

RestrictedID
Regular

Not sure which phone you're using, I just bought my Galaxy S9, latest software updates and a fresh install of Spotify. No such "canvas" option and videos remain.

Attached is a screenshot under "playback" options.

Screenshot_20190212-064807_Spotify.jpg

Kanegasi
Music Fan

The forum filter is terrible. It's blocking me from typing version numbers, so here's a combo screenshot on iPhone 6S.

versions.png

Bamyasi

Android app is still at version 8 and it does not have "Canvas" option in the settings.

I am on my free 30-days trial. Whan I first bumped into this "feature" on my phone I was first going to cancel immediately. But then I decided to wait and see maybe Spotify devs will get to their senses and remove this **bleep** soon enough. But I am definitely not getting a paid subscription if they don't.

booi
Casual Listener

Untrue, this does not turn off playlist videos. I attached a screen recording so you can see. You can't see the actual video probably due to drm protections but, I assure you, it is playing.

communitymmbr

Worry not, there are certain ways to block the intrusive videos, plus ads if you're not a primium member, that use up your data plan and give Spotify the illusion that they are fancy.

Spotify uses some servers, right? And those have addresses and domains, got the point?

RestrictedID
Regular

What are you smoking? This has nothing to do with ads. I am a premium member and don't get ads. The issue is music videos streaming, not ads. We don't want music videos, we're not watching videos while driving in the car or at work. Are you drinking the bong water?

longzero

In settings, turning Data Saver to On will stop those videos. This is great, because personally, saving data is exactly what I want to do.

MisterCremaster
Casual Listener
Data save makes for low quality audio. No thanks. we shouldn't have to
make that sacrifice for safety and not being distracted. I'm just going
back to a different music service.

user-removed
Not applicable

There's a way to get rid of the videos and be on almost the latest version of the app, but it involves downloading an older version of Spotify.

First, uninstall the current version of Spotify.

Second, download an older version here: https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1779521

Third, install the file, then go to the play store and go to updates, select Spotify, then press the three dots at the top right corner and disable automatic updates.

user-removed
Not applicable

There's a way to do it, but it involves downloading an older version of Spotify.

First, uninstall the current version of Spotify.

Second, download an older version here: https://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/download/1779521

Third, install the file, then go to the play store and go to updates, select Spotify, then press the three dots at the top right corner and disable automatic updates.

conjaa
Casual Listener

So I tried this "solution" and it doesnt even stop the videos! Songs that have a video attached (top 40) STILL have a video when I add them to my playlists, downloaded or not.  

Btw, this is not a solution spotify.  Clearly the community does not want this, give us an option to turn off the videos or take them away entirely.  Nobody asked for them or likes them, we dont use spotify for music videos, whoever pitched this feature should be fired. 

matttheazn
Music Fan

Over a year later and still shite videos ruin this app.  Really looking into other streaming services.  REALLY SAD THERE IS NO DISABLE AFTER A YEAR OF COMPLAINTS.  WHY?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!   krap is not a bad word.  Fing REALLY.  JESu5 **bleep** CRHIST

SUGGESTED POSTS