TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!
30 people liked this

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

atanasb
Casual Listener

You should correct that immediately. Either add a fairly obvious switch that allows to disable that or carry over the feature to a specific video section.

Mixing inline videos with song playlists breaks the flow of the app. I keep losing my track of where I am and what im currently doing. If I wanted a video app - I'd go to youtube - I don't want videos in spotify - and I don't want portrait videos. 

Please consider a redisgn immeditely. 

20 people liked this

barcode1001
Casual Listener

I LISTEN to Spotify on my commute which takes me underground and in areas of no cell phone coveage.  I can listen merily to a downloaded playlist until Spotify wants me to watch a video.  It then just stops due to no cell phone coverage. Thats annoying!

Additionally if I was in an area of cell coverage it would continue to play the video (in my pocket) consuming data.

This feature is not good, not solved and needs attention!!

Highlighted
18 people liked this

andismith

Not an acceptable solution

20 people liked this

Cokronk
Regular

If I can’t turn videos off I’ll be canceling Spotify and going with Pandora. It’s dangerous having to make sure songs aren’t playing videos and then having to skip them while driving so that my data doesn’t get ate up.

17 people liked this

caveman_actual

I agree with all here, this is a terrible feature.  What clown of a Product Owner let this garbage go out without considering the use case where User's don't want videos in a music app.

If spotify doesn't resolve this I'll be posting a way to use an IDS system to block video traffic from Spotify servers.  Basically just need a signature in Snort or Suricata that drops all packets that match the criteria of carrying video from a Spotify server.

This will be a valuable solution for other developers / code monkeys.  Not sure how to make it useable for non-techies.

14 people liked this

etopcreation

GET RID OF THE VIDEOS! It's dsitracting and I agree when driving people it's considered illegal in some states. You need to at least provide a way to turn them off.

15 people liked this

tower92

Thank you for this amazing solution! is spotify gonna pay for my megas? time to search for another app...

11 people liked this

parkerscott

I use Spotify to and from work every day. Videos are down-right dangerous while driving! I literally NEVER watch Spotify, I listen to it. So does everyone. At least have an option to disable when not on wi-fi. The more of these playlist that enable this feature, the more I am upset with Spotify.

7 people liked this

WarpOs
Regular

Seriously, after 6 years asking for an option to select output device on windows, I got this:

C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\Spotify\Spotify.exe --enable-audio-graph

And now, with these stupid videos, they circumvent my settings and change the output devices (only when its a video) and start playing on the default, which are my speakers not my headset, and **bleep**s everything up. RE-MO-VE THIS GARBAGE.

For **bleep**s sake, if I want video, I go to youtube.

11 people liked this

Cokronk
Regular

Please revert the change and fire the person who thought up this idea. 

SUGGESTED POSTS