TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!
7 people liked this

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Kseibold1

What kind of fu%!kwit distracts my driving and drains my MB and battery. wth is wrong with you people at Spotify.  I bought a “premium” service not a cheap non-configurable app. Listen to your customers and stop putting us at risk. Is there a legal suit here for endangerment??

2 people liked this

SimbaLage
Casual Listener

THIS IS INSANE! If I want videos I would goto a service like YOUTUBE for that! After being a loyal long time subscriber I am planning to leave on this ALONE!! this not only forces higher bandwith (which by todays standard we have limits) its just wrong we cannot turn this **bleep** off!

3 people liked this

SimbaLage
Casual Listener

EXACTLY what the heck are they thinking? its a MUSIC service, not a video app.. Although with this its forced which makes me MAD

5 people liked this

littledani
Casual Listener

I know I'm not the first to post this.  The "solution" says I can create lists that are music only.  This is untrue.  I curate my own lists and no matter what I do, if a song has a "video clip" uploaded by the artist, it plays regardless of what I do.  I use Spotify exclusively while driving.  I need to keep it either in the albulm list or the playlist in order to have the quick skip, play, pause buttons.  The screen gets hijacked by the video and is insanely distracting while driving.  Why would you have something that takes my eyes off the road.  Isn't it illegal for a driver to watch videos while driving?  There's no reason to NOT have an option to turn this off unless there's some kind of nefarious ulterior motive...  I love your service, but if it's dangerous to use, I'll switch to something else.  I know you're looking to be profitable, but make sure you do it the right way or you'll chase your customers away.

Highlighted
4 people liked this

noisuf
Casual Listener

Still not resolved. Absolutely ridiculous that I pay for a premium service then get stupid unwanted videos that I can't even disable. I'll stick it out for another week or so and if it's not resolved by then I'll be cancelling.

4 people liked this

Cajual

What a straight up cop out answer. Gotta keep changing things to push that revenue stream, too bad many of us are cancelling over this nonsense. Google music is just as good, and no stupid videos or pictures of Drake all over.

Bookdaddy11

Complete malarkey.  It’s not like anyone at Spotify didn’t say “should we include an option to disable video?”

It’s that they did ask that question, but collectively decided paying customers should not have that choice.  

The cultural shift at Spotify is its biggest threat.

littledani
Casual Listener

I noticed that videos that used to play are no longer playing.  Is this because the artist removed them or Spotify did?

Hmmm...

1 person liked this

ProH8R

What a disaster.

Video's have now been added to mint playlist. Didnt ask for videos, dont want them, but Spotify gives no way to configure this.

In addition, for those of us that live outside the USA, NONE of the videos play for me at all, they just pause my playlist and pop up an erorr that I am not in a region that has rights for the video. 

Complete cluster**bleep** of an idea, whoever decided this needs to be fired! I have and pay for Spotify for MUSIC, and MUSIC ONly. I play a playlist and i want it to keep playing, dont stop my playlist because i cant watch a video that I never wanted to play to begin with. Absolutely infuriating "functionality". 

SL79
Casual Listener

So you are saying they addressed it? Anyone else here to confirm this?

SUGGESTED POSTS