TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!
1 person liked this

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Streppel
Casual Listener

Seriously guys, this is so not solved. Way to go, huh? 

1 person liked this

RafaGomes

This feature is just terrible, what a terrible product owner put videos in a music streaming software?

wth

1 person liked this

zhaonameloc

Not acceptable. Not everyone has unlimited data. So now when I go workout I have to use offline mode. That largely defeats the Spotify offerring. But hey I'm in luck. Tmobile gave me a free year of pandora. I guess it's time to switch for a while. I wonder if I'll like it more!

1 person liked this

rachael_p_21
Casual Listener

This is called a response, not a solution. I subscribe to some of your (spotify's) playlist and in no way see why you need to have videos. NO ONE looks at thier phone while listening to music on this app. I use it in the car, at work and during workouts. When in this time would throwing a video in there that I cant see be helpful.

Please add a toggle to be able to disable videos or better yet take them out all together.

3 people liked this

Tokyojosh

This is a huge issue for me as well. I live overseas now and use my American account. The videos won’t play in my region so my music is stopping ever 4 songs or so. I can’t listen to anything seemlessly. I play this music in my business as well and have to avoid any playlist with videos. 

There must be a way to turn the videos off if n the future. This is my

first major issue with the service that has me looking elsewhere for a solution. 

6 people liked this

DannyW92

It has been more than a year now and this is still not resolved. I have not once been able to see any of those videos, I always get the error message saying "We're not able to play this video in your current location" - no matter where I am. This is particularly annoying while playing the "Today's Top Hits", the music will simply stop playing and you have to manually skip to the next song. This, among other issues with the app since Spring 2018, has led me to switch to Play Music. It is outrageous that Spotify has not been able to implement a simple switch to turn off the video option, I do not know anyone who likes using this feature. Nobody wants it, yet Spotify forces it on us. The absolute minimum they could do is skip to the next song automatically if a video is not available "in your location" - wherever that might be. Get your sh*t together!

1 person liked this

d4gg3r

A very bad side effect of the videos is that they take away the ability for the users to offline curated playlists. Whike the offline/download icon shows as active, playback won't proceed because it is stuck at loading the video content.

If the app is able to disable videos on downloaded playlist when the device is offline, it would be great. 

1 person liked this

bent300

Hate the videos too.  Definetely not 'solved'

1 person liked this

Kirill6
Casual Listener

How the **bleep** it is solved? The issue is getting worse by the minute. I loved Spotify, but right now, as a premium member, I can't use it.

1 person liked this

Cokronk
Regular

Just cancel and go to Pandora or Apple Music. That’s what I did. Spotify obviously doesn’t care about their customers as they shut down any other threads or polls made about this subject and redirect them to this thread as solved. Voting with your wallet is the only way to get through to them. 

SUGGESTED POSTS