TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

booi
Casual Listener

Untrue, this does not turn off playlist videos. I attached a screen recording so you can see. You can't see the actual video probably due to drm protections but, I assure you, it is playing.

RestrictedID
Regular

Not sure which phone you're using, I just bought my Galaxy S9, latest software updates and a fresh install of Spotify. No such "canvas" option and videos remain.

Attached is a screenshot under "playback" options.

Screenshot_20190212-064807_Spotify.jpg

Kanegasi
Music Fan

The forum filter is terrible. It's blocking me from typing version numbers, so here's a combo screenshot on iPhone 6S.

versions.png

Bamyasi

Android app is still at version 8 and it does not have "Canvas" option in the settings.

I am on my free 30-days trial. Whan I first bumped into this "feature" on my phone I was first going to cancel immediately. But then I decided to wait and see maybe Spotify devs will get to their senses and remove this **bleep** soon enough. But I am definitely not getting a paid subscription if they don't.

jamesceri

thedonkevlar

What kind of second rate response is that? Videos should never have been a forced service. A vast majority of your users are mobile subscribers, meaning they have to use mobile data, which costs a lot of money. Putting a video OPTION is fine, but MANDATED? No, no, no, no. That is pure garbage. If it is not an OPTION, then you shouldn't have it on there at all. 

Tjallewap
Casual Listener

Is this the 'solved' answer?

Redicilous

Twisting

Okay so these videos also triggered me like **bleep**. They even stopped me completely from being able to up or downvote songs with background videos. So there actually is a way to fix this, though this is not an optimal solution and I really hope spotify adds a switch to disable these separately.

To disable these stupid a** videos simply toggle on data saving mode.

Cheers

fraktalisman
Casual Listener

@ Spotify Devs: please reopen this issue, which seems to have erroneously been marked as being solved while no fix has been deployed yet.

I (as a paying customer) hereby support this feature request. Please provide an option to disable any video playback in spotify (without disabling anyhting else). The video playback is undesired, distracting, annyoing, a waste of bandwidth and makes it hard to use the actual UI for playback and navigation.

batratien

What the duck is this. 

Why do I see gifs in the background of the songs, gifs that were downloaded using y dataplan? 

Can you remove this piece**bleep** feature. 

Who ever thought to add this should be fired. 

SUGGESTED POSTS