TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!

TURN VIDEOS OFF?

ave18

How do I turn off these darn videos??? They are eating up my data plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

Chris
Spotify
Spotify

Hey @ave18,

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Community!

Right now there's no option to remove videos from playlists, but you can still create your own playlists that include just songs!

You can show our devs that adding the option to disabled videos is something to look into, by adding your vote to the idea here

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

150 Replies

Tjallewap
Casual Listener

Is this the 'solved' answer?

Redicilous

Twisting

Okay so these videos also triggered me like **bleep**. They even stopped me completely from being able to up or downvote songs with background videos. So there actually is a way to fix this, though this is not an optimal solution and I really hope spotify adds a switch to disable these separately.

To disable these stupid a** videos simply toggle on data saving mode.

Cheers

thedonkevlar

What kind of second rate response is that? Videos should never have been a forced service. A vast majority of your users are mobile subscribers, meaning they have to use mobile data, which costs a lot of money. Putting a video OPTION is fine, but MANDATED? No, no, no, no. That is pure garbage. If it is not an OPTION, then you shouldn't have it on there at all. 

superbigsmurf
Casual Listener

This is a terrible "feature". I am not on YouTube for a reason. I am already removing every song from my playlist that plays a video, because I find it terribly distracting. If this results in too many songs removed, I will leave Spotify.

n8webb

Can’t quite believe this is an acceptable answer. Which makes me thinks Spotify must be in a tight spot (perhaps contractually) somewhere. So I guess the question is why did you put darn videos in the first place? 

WHO IN THEIR SANTIY THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA!?

meckhert

This **bleep**. I don't want any music videos!!!

MRomanov

Deezer have a hifi streaming and don't show videos. Hmmmm.

PhillyDD
Casual Listener

You MUST fix this and allow us to disable videos. I’m already stretching my data plan just listening to music. I will cancel my subscription if this is not fixed. Thank you. 

Jk1002kalter
Casual Listener

I second the request for a fix.

Apple Music lets me switch off the videos.

ammerzog

I can't believe that this issue hasn't been solved yet. I keep my playlist open for easy swipping while driving. When songs with gifs come on it gets VERY distracting. I always turn my mobile data off when I'm driving so I don't eat too much of it up since I share it with the family. The songs with gifs turn my mobile data back on. This is very frustrating and I don't understand how there isn't an option to tun this off yet.

RestrictedID
Regular

Get rid of the videos. I would leave my phone plugged in and awake so I can switch songs with a swipe. Now I go to skip a song and see that my data is being eaten up with a video?! I LISTEN to music while I am at work, I don't need/want videos. If I wanted to watch videos, I'd use YouTube to stream my music.

Angel_Sandoval
Casual Listener

This answer has no sense at all, because if you make your homework, average cell data plans in the world are about 3 or 4 GB, and with the update of a playlist, it can be depleted in a couple of days, come on guys, can’t believe such brilliant people hasn’t enough common sense to see this, this moth I had to buy additional data module that costs almost as my data plan, and if I am a premium user, I think I don’t deserve this. I hope this issue will be corrected soon, but if I have no choice , will be switching to Apple Music.

Thanks

SScorncob
Casual Listener

I lost $30 worth of data this month because of Spotify videos before I realized it was happening. I am a Spotify Premium user as of only 3 weeks ago. I only want to listen to music.

Come on, Spotify - making our own playlists to avoid videos is ridiculous. Please make a simple setting to allow us to enable/disable video content on cellular.

booi
Casual Listener

This is exactly the experience we want Spotify...

IMG_0225.PNG

MisterCremaster
Casual Listener

This is not a solution.  I'm testing Spotify as an alternative to Google Play Music.  These videos are distracting, both while working AND while driving.  I will likely not continue my subscription after the 3 months for 99 cents is over.

Selmynine
Casual Listener

We know that you know this is not even remotely a ”solution”

tommy_m

Please add an option to disable videos alltogheter.

Selmynine
Casual Listener

I’ve following this thread for a couple of weeks. Not only is the killing my user experience but I’m not even seeing any acknowledgement from Spotify team about this issue!

Kirill6
Casual Listener

I don't think they can do nothing about it, probably sold their soul to some investor.

Kirill6
Casual Listener

How the **bleep** it is solved? The issue is getting worse by the minute. I loved Spotify, but right now, as a premium member, I can't use it.

Cokronk
Regular

Just cancel and go to Pandora or Apple Music. That’s what I did. Spotify obviously doesn’t care about their customers as they shut down any other threads or polls made about this subject and redirect them to this thread as solved. Voting with your wallet is the only way to get through to them. 

SUGGESTED POSTS