TURN VIDEOS OFF?

Solved!
6 people liked this

Re: TURN VIDEOS OFF?

barcode1001
Casual Listener

Update - Ive just cancelled my subscription since Spotify's lack of acknowledgment that music videos are an unecessary and unwanted feature.

Goodby Spotify you jokers.

3 people liked this

seisenhammer

please please please let us turn the videos off! I travel a lot and spotify often doesn't even have the licences to play the videos where i am, so the app just stops playing altogether. It's unbelivably frustrating and not an acceptable service considering what i pay for it. Fix it!

2 people liked this

bernardbr
Casual Listener

Unfortunately, because this, I will cancel the Spotify premium service. I want a good music platform. If I want to see vídeos, I'm going to Youtube or Netflix.

3 people liked this

bobbyprince89
Casual Listener
I have cancelled my Premium membership. I guess it's the only way to make these companies pay attention to THEIR CUSTOMERS! I'd encourage everyone else who is not happy with this imposed 'feature' to do the same.
3 people liked this

j1meh-p_sy87
Casual Listener

Well, until this issue has actually been resolved I guess Im uninstalling the app and cancelling my plan. I have limited data and I sure as **bleep** am not ready to spend it playing videos to the inside of my pocket.

Stick to music spotify - that's what we want you for. If we want music videos we use youtube. 

7 people liked this

SL79
Casual Listener

I am sure it can't be that tricky to implement a toggle setting for music videos on/off? Highly annoying implementation as a premium user I signed up for no ads - and if I could I would sign for no videos!

I attach a mockup for you guys - just to kick start this soution. It took me 4 minutes. 

PS: Please note the settings button is by default OFF

spot.jpg
1 person liked this

27lsydeb-_1k6

So much for saving playing list to play while offline.  I have to skip the playlist video while not in a service area because it stops playing music.  Everyone on our family plan complains about this.  

Any my suggestions on a better streaming music service?  

2 people liked this

Kanegasi
Regular

This is not solved. There is no solution here. The videos aren't even videos, they're just 3-5 seconds of looping **bleep** that even changes the layout of the screen. When I'm skipping through the playlist, the **bleep** skip button moves for the stupid video.

The linked vote idea is dumb as well. I don't want videos disabled in curated lists, I want them disabled clientside. I don't care who made the playlist or what's in it. Serve me only the sound. It's not hard to just code the app to not change the display. Put an option in that ignores the video component, you don't need community votes to do that.

2 people liked this

bobbyprince89
Casual Listener

I've been trialling all the other streaming services, Tidal, Deezer, Apple, Amazon Unlimited, Google Play Music.. I'm using Android and the only one I found gave me a Spotify-like experience is Google Play Music. The Android apps for the others are all lacking. One thing Spotify does well is making finding new music easy, with the Daily Mixes, Daily Radar and Radio stations etc. None of the other services have anywhere near as good a music recommendation engine based on my own tastes, but Google Play comes pretty close. Unlike the others it asks you to tell it what artists you like and will tailor suggestions for you straight away. I'm sticking with Google Play Music for now. YMMV

1 person liked this

-m_17aep88qoe

Totally NOT RESOLVED, and quite disrespectfull to marked it so. I really don't get how you guys didn't at least think about those of us travelling that would face country restrictions because of the videos and just have the playlist INTERRUPTED (and it won't play the next song even though I click to pass the video, until I go into the app and recognize the country restriction; IT'S ABSURD). This makes no sense, and seems like a f****** easy problem to solve, so get moving on it.

SUGGESTED POSTS